Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955295-re-sony-tells-dslr-shooters-theyre-idiots.html)

Chris Malcolm 12-09-2012 05:27 PM

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Alfred Molon <alfred_molon@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article <ylfkvcccb3fd.fsf@dd-b.net>, David Dyer-Bennet says...
>> Which is why a completely separate sensor (system) is used for
>> metering.

> Ok but Sony SLT cameras and all mirrorless can meter with the main
> sensor, so have an advantage here over classical DSLRs.

Plus the earlier technology Sony alphas which had a separate live view
image sensor (A300 & 350 at least) used that sensor, when it was
activated, for exposure assessment. I recall some reviewers of the
A350 mentioning how amazingly well the A350 in live view mode managed
on autoexposure to avoid overexposing small highlights.

--
Chris Malcolm