Velocity Reviews

-   -   Silicon Power Armor A80 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955250-silicon-power-armor-a80-1tb-usb-3-0-portable-hard-drive.html)

Becky 12-07-2012 06:36 PM

Silicon Power Armor A80 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive

NikkTech have reviewed the Silicon Power Armor A80 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive:

Quote:

"VDSL (Very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line) finally landed where i live and although it will take quite some time before we can all enjoy the amazing speeds it offers (although we still don't know what the end result will be) such speeds are bound to change things especially in everything related to storage media. We are well aware that VDSL is nothing new in several parts of the world but the majority of people hardly have DSL lines currently so you can imagine how rapidly things will change when everyone on the face of the planet jumps from regular DSL 24Mbit/s speeds to the 50-100Mbit/s offered by VDSL and VDSL2. This is also one of the reasons as to why we've focused in testing portable hard disk drives lately (we need to be ready for the change) and today we have yet another one, the Armor A80 1TB 2.5" USB 3.0 PHD from Silicon Power...

...Silicon Power has launched quite a few intriguing 2.5" portable hard drive models (PHD as they call them) during the past 2 years and the Armor series is without doubt their most special one not only due to the design of the enclosures but also because of their quite remarkable build quality (something revealed by the line name). To be more precise the Armor line was named after the rugged enclosures used by Silicon Power which offer protection against water (IEC 529 IPX7 standard/1m under water for 30min), pressure (anti-pressure), dust (anti-dust) and are shockproof (Military Standard MIL-STD-810F 516.5 procedure IV). Quite impressive right? The only downside is that such enclosures are always slightly larger than most regular ones but the tradeoff is well worth it. Performance however also plays a huge role when choosing the right portable hard drive to cover your needs so let's see just how good the Armor A80 1TB 2.5" PHD really is."
You can read more here.