Velocity Reviews

-   -   The curses module and licensing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955198-the-curses-module-and-licensing.html)

Benjamin Schnitzler 12-06-2012 03:02 PM

The curses module and licensing

Hello everyone,

I am new to this list.
I have a question concerning the curses module (I am using
python2.7). Which license does this module have? Is it bases
completely on the curses library? In the documentation the
following is stated:

"The curses module provides an interface to the curses library,
the de-facto standard for portable advanced terminal handling."

But also:

"Changed in version 1.6: Added support for the ncurses library
and converted to a package."

Is it maybe built on both libraries? However, the crucial point
is, that I want to build a curses terminal interface for some GPL
software project. Can You give me a hint, if that is possible
(yes, I know, You are no lawyers) and if and where I have to
include licensing informations regarding the license of
curses/ncurses ?

Thank You

Benjamin