Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Java (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f30-java.html)
-   -   Need porting of German AI into Java (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955123-need-porting-of-german-ai-into-java.html)

Mentifex 12-04-2012 07:55 PM

Need porting of German AI into Java
 
The Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) at

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mindforth.txt

has been re-recreated in the German language at

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/DeKi.txt

and needs porting into the Java language.

There are no funds available for payment but
mega kudos will accrue to the successful Java
programmer who creates the Java True AI
based on the various AI Minds such as

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html

in English over JavaScript and the Russian

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/Dushka.html

also in JavaScript.

Mentifex (Arthur)
--
http://mind.sourceforge.net/java.html
http://www.listbox.com/subscribe/?list_id=303
http://www.chatbots.org/ai_zone/viewthread/240
http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Meme-ebook/dp/B007ZI66FS/

Roedy Green 12-05-2012 10:34 PM

Re: Need porting of German AI into Java
 
On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 11:55:41 -0800 (PST), Mentifex <mentifex@myuw.net>
wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :

>
>http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/DeKi.txt
>
>and needs porting into the Java language.


So what human language and computer language is it in now, and what
human language / Java do you want to port it to?

What skills will a suitable candidate need?

What does it do?
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mindprod.com
Students who hire or con others to do their homework are as foolish
as couch potatoes who hire others to go to the gym for them.

Mentifex 12-06-2012 07:16 PM

Re: Need porting of German AI into Java
 
On Dec 5, 2:34*pm, Roedy Green <see_webs...@mindprod.com.invalid>
wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 11:55:41 -0800 (PST), Mentifex <menti...@myuw.net>
> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
>
>> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/DeKi.txt

>
>> and needs porting into the Java language.

>
> So what human language


English; German; Russian;

> and computer language is it in now, and what


Forth; JavaScript

> human language / Java do you want to port it to?


all human languages, present and historical;
Java for robots; Java for Web domains.
>
> What skills will a suitable candidate need?


creativity and a sense that the world is mad;
>
> What does it do?


thinks.
> --
> Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mindprod.com


Arthur

Mentifex 12-07-2012 07:25 PM

Re: Need porting of German AI into Java
 
On Dec 7, 1:34*am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
> Mentifex wrote:
>> The Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) at

>
>> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mindforth.txt

>
>> has been re-recreated in the German language at

>
>> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/DeKi.txt

>
> > and needs porting into the Java language.

>
> If it exists, presumably in the language
> of the designer choice, why does it need
> porting?
>
> * BugBear


Wotan Supercomputer Strong AI in 64-bit Linux iForth
needs porting into Java and other mainstream languages
for the sake of AI evolution and The Singularity.

Mentifex (Arthur)

markspace 12-08-2012 12:25 AM

Re: Need porting of German AI into Java
 
On 12/7/2012 12:21 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:

> Mentifex wrote:
>>
>> Wotan Supercomputer Strong AI in 64-bit Linux iForth
>> needs porting into Java and other mainstream languages
>> for the sake of AI evolution and The Singularity.
>>


>
> The information content of that sentence is extremely close to 0.


Huh. I wonder if someone is testing out an AI on *us*?




Arne Vajh°j 12-08-2012 12:59 AM

Re: Need porting of German AI into Java
 
On 12/7/2012 7:53 PM, Elizabeth D. Rather wrote:
> On 12/7/12 2:42 PM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> On 12/7/2012 4:25 PM, markspace wrote:
>>> On 12/7/2012 12:21 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
>>>
>>>> Mentifex wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Wotan Supercomputer Strong AI in 64-bit Linux iForth
>>>>> needs porting into Java and other mainstream languages
>>>>> for the sake of AI evolution and The Singularity.
>>>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>> The information content of that sentence is extremely close to 0.
>>>
>>> Huh. I wonder if someone is testing out an AI on *us*?

>>
>> It does seem strange. I would have thought Forth would be a good choice
>> of language for some types of AI, and any porting would be to other
>> versions of Forth, not to such a very different language as Java.

>
> Folks, this is Mentifex. We're used to low information content.


This:
http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html
?

Arne



Daniele Futtorovic 12-08-2012 01:25 AM

Re: Need porting of German AI into Java
 
On 08/12/2012 01:59, Arne Vajh°j allegedly wrote:
> This:
> http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html
> ?


Call me biased, but I must say, having a whole page on the web with
citations from the pontifices of knowledge deriding one's name is quite
an impressive reference. Whoever that Mentifex guy is, may he make
strides in the pursuit of happiness.

--
DF.

Arne Vajh°j 12-08-2012 01:30 AM

Re: Need porting of German AI into Java
 
On 12/7/2012 8:25 PM, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
> On 08/12/2012 01:59, Arne Vajh°j allegedly wrote:
>> This:
>> http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html
>> ?

>
> Call me biased, but I must say, having a whole page on the web with
> citations from the pontifices of knowledge deriding one's name is quite
> an impressive reference. Whoever that Mentifex guy is, may he make
> strides in the pursuit of happiness.


I will not attempt to judge who is right and who is wrong.

But obviously these posts are part of something that has being
going on for a long time.

So we have been warned.

Arne



Daniele Futtorovic 12-08-2012 01:37 AM

Re: Need porting of German AI into Java
 
On 08/12/2012 02:30, Arne Vajh°j allegedly wrote:
> On 12/7/2012 8:25 PM, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
>> On 08/12/2012 01:59, Arne Vajh°j allegedly wrote:
>>> This:
>>> http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html
>>> ?

>>
>> Call me biased, but I must say, having a whole page on the web with
>> citations from the pontifices of knowledge deriding one's name is quite
>> an impressive reference. Whoever that Mentifex guy is, may he make
>> strides in the pursuit of happiness.

>
> I will not attempt to judge who is right and who is wrong.
>
> But obviously these posts are part of something that has being
> going on for a long time.
>
> So we have been warned.


Indeed! :D

--
DF.

Andy Valencia 12-08-2012 02:08 PM

Re: Need porting of German AI into Java
 
Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> writes:
> It does seem strange. I would have thought Forth would be a good choice
> of language for some types of AI, and any porting would be to other
> versions of Forth, not to such a very different language as Java.


I tried to use Forth in my own AI development. I tried really,
really hard. But it just leaves too much "cockpit workload" when
the actual application of itself requires more brain cells than I have.
What strengths Forth still posesses WRT the rest of the world are
down near embedded apps, not up in high level ones. IMHO.

Andy


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.