Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: setup.py Choosing Older Compiler On Windows (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955056-re-setup-py-choosing-older-compiler-on-windows.html)

Ami Tavory 12-03-2012 10:52 AM

Re: setup.py Choosing Older Compiler On Windows

From: Irmen de Jong <irmen.NOSPAM@xs4all.nl>
>> To: python-list@python.org
>> Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 01:10:23 +0100
>> Subject: Re: setup.py Choosing Older Compiler On Windows

both VC8

using

VC didn't

(preferably

>> > I haven't had to do Windows C++ development for many years, >> but

there
>> > used to be a vcvars.bat in each compiler installation, and you >> run

the
>> > one corresponding to the compiler & libraries you want.

>> Forcing it to use a different compiler than the one that was used to >>

build Python
>> itself, may very well lead to a non-working extension module.
>>
>> Irmen

Dave, Irmen,

Many thanks for your answers - much appreciated!

Got cvcars.bat to work in the sense that calling the compiler from the
command line resulted in the newer one being called, but setup.py for some
reason persisted in calling the older one. So due to Irmen's concern, this,
and other issues, I just hacked away the C++11 stuff and used the old
compiler.

Many thanks,

Ami