Velocity Reviews

-   -   Tomcat problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955052-tomcat-problem.html)

Philthy 12-03-2012 07:28 AM

Tomcat problem

Hi Newsgroup!

I just installed Tomcat on my computer.

I want to copy information from Microsoft Word and paste it into
Tomcat. I can't seem to do this because I can't find the Edit menu.

I am thinking there is something wrong with the Tomcat app because it
isn't in the start menu and there are no menus.

Thanks.

Arne Vajh°j 12-03-2012 02:53 PM

Re: Tomcat problem

On 12/3/2012 2:28 AM, Philthy wrote:
> I just installed Tomcat on my computer.
>
> I want to copy information from Microsoft Word and paste it into
> Tomcat. I can't seem to do this because I can't find the Edit menu.
>
> I am thinking there is something wrong with the Tomcat app because it
> isn't in the start menu and there are no menus.

Do you know what Tomcat is?

I can not really see what you expect to be able to do by
copy paste from Word to a servlet container.

Arne

Philthy 12-03-2012 04:54 PM

Re: Tomcat problem

On 2012-12-04 01:53:56 +1100, Arne Vajh°j said:

> On 12/3/2012 2:28 AM, Philthy wrote:
>> I just installed Tomcat on my computer.
>>
>> I want to copy information from Microsoft Word and paste it into
>> Tomcat. I can't seem to do this because I can't find the Edit menu.
>>
>> I am thinking there is something wrong with the Tomcat app because it
>> isn't in the start menu and there are no menus.

> Do you know what Tomcat is?
>
> I can not really see what you expect to be able to do by
> copy paste from Word to a servlet container.
>
> Arne

Thanks for your help!

I was told that the Tomcat app allows you to publish data to the web.
So I want to paste a Word document into Tomcat to publish it on the
web. I think the Tomcat application is defective because even after I
installed it, I can't find an Edit menu for it. There is not even a
menu for Import from Word. Google is of no use, no one else seems to
have had the problem I am seeing, surely my Tomcat is not the only
defective copy.

Andreas Leitgeb 12-03-2012 05:18 PM

Re: Tomcat problem

Philthy <philthy@philthy.com> wrote:
> I was told that the Tomcat app allows you to publish data to the web.
> So I want to paste a Word document into Tomcat to publish it on the
> web. I think the Tomcat application is defective because even after I
> installed it, I can't find an Edit menu for it.

I'm feeling a bit sorry for the fish, but nevertheless here it is:
,
<┬░((((><
`

markspace 12-03-2012 05:18 PM

Re: Tomcat problem

On 12/3/2012 8:54 AM, Philthy wrote:

> I was told that the Tomcat app allows you to publish data to the web. So
> I want to paste a Word document into Tomcat to publish it on the web. I
> think the Tomcat application is defective because even after I installed
> it, I can't find an Edit menu for it. There is not even a menu for
> Import from Word. Google is of no use, no one else seems to have had the
> problem I am seeing, surely my Tomcat is not the only defective copy.

I'm sure you're trolling us, but whatever. Here's the instructions you
didn't read:

<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/deployer-howto.html>

Arne Vajh°j 12-03-2012 05:33 PM

Re: Tomcat problem

On 12/3/2012 11:54 AM, Philthy wrote:
> On 2012-12-04 01:53:56 +1100, Arne Vajh°j said:
>> On 12/3/2012 2:28 AM, Philthy wrote:
>>> I just installed Tomcat on my computer.
>>>
>>> I want to copy information from Microsoft Word and paste it into
>>> Tomcat. I can't seem to do this because I can't find the Edit menu.
>>>
>>> I am thinking there is something wrong with the Tomcat app because it
>>> isn't in the start menu and there are no menus.

>> Do you know what Tomcat is?
>>
>> I can not really see what you expect to be able to do by
>> copy paste from Word to a servlet container.

> I was told that the Tomcat app allows you to publish data to the web. So
> I want to paste a Word document into Tomcat to publish it on the web. I
> think the Tomcat application is defective because even after I installed
> it, I can't find an Edit menu for it. There is not even a menu for
> Import from Word. Google is of no use, no one else seems to have had the
> problem I am seeing, surely my Tomcat is not the only defective copy.

Tomcat can run a Java web application.

Java web application is Java code (and JSP etc.).

You do not write a Java web application in Word (I hope!).

You are probably looking for a CMS which is a web app
where you just add information.

There are CMS'es that run on Tomcat.

Arne

Jan Burse 12-03-2012 05:52 PM

Re: Tomcat problem

Philthy schrieb:
> Hi Newsgroup!
>
> I just installed Tomcat on my computer.
>
> I want to copy information from Microsoft Word and paste it into
> Tomcat. I can't seem to do this because I can't find the Edit menu.
>
> I am thinking there is something wrong with the Tomcat app because it
> isn't in the start menu and there are no menus.
>

> Thanks.

Since tomcat is a cat, you have to feed
it with sheba first. Otherwise it will
refuse to do anything for you.

Bye

sheba = Edit config/server.xml etc..

Lew 12-03-2012 07:20 PM

Re: Tomcat problem

Philthy wrote:
> Arne Vajh°j said:
>> Philthy wrote:
>>> I just installed Tomcat on my computer.
>>> I want to copy information from Microsoft Word and paste it into
>>> Tomcat. I can't seem to do this because I can't find the Edit menu.

Try READING THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PRODUCT.

>>> I am thinking there is something wrong with the Tomcat app because it

You use a product completely incorrectly, without any understanding of whatit
is, without any reference to its documentation, for a task for which it is not designed,
and you blame the /product/?

Look up "hubris" in the dictionary. It applies to your approach.

>>> isn't in the start menu and there are no menus.

Well, duh.

>> Do you know what Tomcat is?
>> I can not really see what you expect to be able to do by
>> copy paste from Word to a servlet container.

> I was told that the Tomcat app allows you to publish data to the web.

And you didn't bother to read anything, try to understand anything, follow
any instructions, or even get the most minimal idea of what Tomcat is.

> So I want to paste a Word document into Tomcat to publish it on the

Too bad for you.

> web. I think the Tomcat application is defective because even after I

Wow. Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ.

PEBKAC

> installed it, I can't find an Edit menu for it. There is not even a
> menu for Import from Word. Google is of no use, no one else seems to
> have had the problem I am seeing, surely my Tomcat is not the only
> defective copy.

"Your" Tomcat is not defective.

Learn first. Whine second. Don't blame others for your ineptitude, dude.

--
Lew

Philthy 12-04-2012 02:22 PM

Re: Tomcat problem

On 2012-12-04 06:20:08 +1100, Lew said:

> Philthy wrote:
>> Arne Vajh°j said:

> Try READING THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PRODUCT.

This is the problem. The instructions seem to be incomplete because I
can't find the section about importing from Word.

> You use a product completely incorrectly, without any understanding of what it
> is, without any reference to its documentation, for a task for which it
> isnot designed,
> and you blame the /product/?
>
> Look up "hubris" in the dictionary. It applies to your approach.

> Well, duh.

All apps have menus. Even a mongoloid knows that.

>>> Do you know what Tomcat is?
>>> I can not really see what you expect to be able to do by
>>> copy paste from Word to a servlet container.

>> I was told that the Tomcat app allows you to publish data to the web.

> And you didn't bother to read anything, try to understand anything, follow
> any instructions, or even get the most minimal idea of what Tomcat is.

The person who advised to use Tomcat works in computers and knows a
real lot about Javascript and CSS. I trust his advice more than your
opinion.

>> So I want to paste a Word document into Tomcat to publish it on the

> Too bad for you.

I don't understand why you are being dismissive. I simply asked for
help thinking that there were people in this chat room who might know
something about Tomcat. It is pretty obvious that nobody here knows the
answer.

Daniele Futtorovic 12-04-2012 02:52 PM

Re: Tomcat problem

On 03/12/2012 08:28, Philthy allegedly wrote:
> Hi Newsgroup!
>
> I just installed Tomcat on my computer.
>
> I want to copy information from Microsoft Word and paste it into
> Tomcat. I can't seem to do this because I can't find the Edit menu.
>
> I am thinking there is something wrong with the Tomcat app because it
> isn't in the start menu and there are no menus.

ROFL! Excellent.

--
DF.