Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t954934-re-sony-tells-dslr-shooters-theyre-idiots.html)

Laszlo Lebrun 11-28-2012 04:18 PM

On 24.11.2012 11:13, Alfred Molon wrote:
> http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...-owners-youre-
> idiots_n_2174844.html?utm_hp_ref=technology&ir=Tec hnology
>
> Probably there is some truth behind it, i.e. lots of DSLR shooters not
> knowing how to use their camera.

Maybe i'm not knowing everything about my DSLR, especially not why it
focuses preferably on useless crap. ;-)
But I have got the legacy lenses and am not ready to repurchase
everything in a different technology.

--
One computer and three operating systems, not the other way round.
One wife and many hotels, not the other way round ! ;-)

Anthony Polson 11-28-2012 04:36 PM

Laszlo Lebrun <lazlo_lebrun@laszlomail.com> wrote:
>On 24.11.2012 11:13, Alfred Molon wrote:
>> http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...-owners-youre-
>> idiots_n_2174844.html?utm_hp_ref=technology&ir=Tec hnology
>>
>> Probably there is some truth behind it, i.e. lots of DSLR shooters not
>> knowing how to use their camera.
>>

>Maybe i'm not knowing everything about my DSLR, especially not why it
>focuses preferably on useless crap. ;-)

YOU are the photographer. Why don't YOU decide what to focus on?

>But I have got the legacy lenses and am not ready to repurchase
>everything in a different technology.

Depending on brand, you can adapt your legacy lenses to a smaller,
lighter system. You can even get Canon EF lenses to mount on a Sony
NEX body *with autofocus that works*!

PeterN 11-28-2012 09:07 PM

On 11/28/2012 1:42 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:36:57 +0000, Anthony Polson
> <docnews2011@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Laszlo Lebrun <lazlo_lebrun@laszlomail.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe i'm not knowing everything about my DSLR, especially not why it
>>> focuses preferably on useless crap. ;-)

>> YOU are the photographer. Why don't YOU decide what to focus on?

> I thought Brits understood irony.

You expect Brucie to understand anything approaching complex thinking.

--
Peter