Velocity Reviews

-   -   Minolta Scan Elite II software for Windows 7? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t954774-minolta-scan-elite-ii-software-for-windows-7-a.html)

Peter Jason 11-23-2012 05:44 AM

Minolta Scan Elite II software for Windows 7?

My old scanner worked under XP but I can't get it
working on Windows 7 SP1.
http://www.konicaminoltasupport.com/...li.3232.0.html
It cost a fortune in 2003 and now I need it again
to scan some old slides.
God! Why is it always so hard!?
Can anyone tell how to emulate it for Win7 and to
get some sort of driver?

Peter Jason 11-23-2012 06:00 AM

Re: Minolta Scan Elite II software for Windows 7?

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 16:44:35 +1100, Peter Jason
<pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>My old scanner worked under XP but I can't get it
>working on Windows 7 SP1.
>http://www.konicaminoltasupport.com/...li.3232.0.html
>It cost a fortune in 2003 and now I need it again
>to scan some old slides.
>God! Why is it always so hard!?
>Can anyone tell how to emulate it for Win7 and to
>get some sort of driver?

False alarm. I found a driver on
http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/how-to-r...opic80321.html
And it works.
Deo Gratias!

Anthony Polson 11-23-2012 01:34 PM

Re: Minolta Scan Elite II software for Windows 7?

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 16:44:35 +1100, Peter Jason
><pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>
>>My old scanner worked under XP but I can't get it
>>working on Windows 7 SP1.
>>http://www.konicaminoltasupport.com/...li.3232.0.html
>>It cost a fortune in 2003 and now I need it again
>>to scan some old slides.
>>God! Why is it always so hard!?
>>Can anyone tell how to emulate it for Win7 and to
>>get some sort of driver?

>False alarm. I found a driver on
>http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/how-to-r...opic80321.html
>And it works.
>Deo Gratias!

For the benefit of anyone else who needs to get an old scanner to work
on a newer version of Windows, there is always Ed Hamrick's Vuescan:
http://www.hamrick.com/

Jeffery Small 11-24-2012 04:50 AM

Anthony Polson <docnews2011@gmail.com> writes:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 16:44:35 +1100, Peter Jason
>><pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>>
>>>My old scanner worked under XP but I can't get it
>>>working on Windows 7 SP1.
>>>http://www.konicaminoltasupport.com/...li.3232.0.html
>>>It cost a fortune in 2003 and now I need it again
>>>to scan some old slides.
>>>God! Why is it always so hard!?
>>>Can anyone tell how to emulate it for Win7 and to
>>>get some sort of driver?

>>False alarm. I found a driver on
>>http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/how-to-r...opic80321.html
>>And it works.
>>Deo Gratias!

>For the benefit of anyone else who needs to get an old scanner to work
>on a newer version of Windows, there is always Ed Hamrick's Vuescan:
>http://www.hamrick.com/

I'll second the recommendation for Vuescan. Works great on Windows XP,
Windows 7 and my Ubuntu Linux machines. Support and updates are fantastic.

Peter Jason 11-26-2012 04:45 AM

Re: Minolta Scan Elite II software for Windows 7?

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 04:50:38 GMT, jeff@cjsa.com
(Jeffery Small) wrote:

>Anthony Polson <docnews2011@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>>False alarm. I found a driver on
>>>http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/how-to-r...opic80321.html
>>>And it works.
>>>Deo Gratias!

>>For the benefit of anyone else who needs to get an old scanner to work
>>on a newer version of Windows, there is always Ed Hamrick's Vuescan:
>>http://www.hamrick.com/

>I'll second the recommendation for Vuescan. Works great on Windows XP,
>Windows 7 and my Ubuntu Linux machines. Support and updates are fantastic.

I'm not having any luck with it. I'm trying to
get my Canon "CanoScan 9900F" May 2004 model
working, but it won't "recognize the scanner" on
either the USB or the 1394 socket. I take it
that the Hamrick software works instead of the
CanoScan's.
http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/canon_9900f.html