Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: [SI] Curves - comments from Stick (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t954756-re-si-curves-comments-from-stick.html)

PeterN 11-22-2012 03:45 PM

On 11/21/2012 9:29 PM, jgh wrote:
> Stream-of-conciousness comments:
>

> Peter Newman: Roller-skating interrupted. High iso test shot?
> Very tight crop? Where did all that noise come from?

All three. I rarely use noise reduction, but should start.

> Peter Newman: Car and boat (apparently). I don't see them.

Camera rotation and color reversal help make objects difficult to
identify. A car and a boat were in the scene.

> Peter Newman: Modern doorway. Nice emphasis of the cylindrical
> build, bright against the mono windows. Was it really like
> that or did you desaturate?

I slightly desaturated on the left side because I didn't like the yellow
reflections. Otherwise, that was pretty much the scene at 13th St &
Ninth Ave, in NYC.

--
Peter

PeterN 11-23-2012 02:52 AM

On 11/22/2012 10:45 AM, PeterN wrote:
> On 11/21/2012 9:29 PM, jgh wrote:
>> Stream-of-conciousness comments:
>>

>> Peter Newman: Roller-skating interrupted. High iso test shot?
>> Very tight crop? Where did all that noise come from?

> All three. I rarely use noise reduction, but should start.
>

>> Peter Newman: Car and boat (apparently). I don't see them.
>>

> Camera rotation and color reversal help make objects difficult to
> identify. A car and a boat were in the scene.
>
>> Peter Newman: Modern doorway. Nice emphasis of the cylindrical
>> build, bright against the mono windows. Was it really like
>> that or did you desaturate?
>>

> I slightly desaturated on the left side because I didn't like the yellow
> reflections. Otherwise, that was pretty much the scene at 13th St &
> Ninth Ave, in NYC.

Correction. I revisited the image. You are right, I desaturated the
entire background. More on the left than on the right.

--
Peter