Velocity Reviews

-   -   The lies we hear about concerning Lomo (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t954746-the-lies-we-hear-about-concerning-lomo.html)

RichA 11-22-2012 06:29 AM

The lies we hear about concerning Lomo

Lomo saved film photography? Hardly. I got to a lot of photo shows
(sales, galleries) and what I see young people buying are conventional
film cameras, often ones that date back to the 50's, medium format,
etc. But, if Lomo's existence contributes to film's longevity, fine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20434270

Grimly Curmudgeon 11-25-2012 10:14 PM

Re: The lies we hear about concerning Lomo

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 22:29:31 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Lomo saved film photography? Hardly. I got to a lot of photo shows
>(sales, galleries) and what I see young people buying are conventional
>film cameras, often ones that date back to the 50's, medium format,
>etc. But, if Lomo's existence contributes to film's longevity, fine.
>
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20434270

Well, it's just more bullshit from the Lomo publicity machine - what
do you expect from the wide-eyed arts graduates that masquerade as
journalists at the BBC?
Sheesh, been a long time since any serious journalist was given a job
reporting on cameras and other gadgetry over there.