Velocity Reviews

-   -   Stack_overflow error (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t954649-stack_overflow-error.html)

Aung Thet Naing 11-20-2012 12:49 AM

Stack_overflow error

I'm having Stack_overflow exception in _ctypes_callproc (callproc.c). The error actually come from the:

cleanup:
for (i = 0; i < argcount; ++i)
Py_XDECREF(args[i].keep);

when args[i].keep->ob_refCnt == 1

Aung.

Chris Angelico 11-20-2012 01:15 AM

Re: Stack_overflow error

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Aung Thet Naing
<aung.thetnaing@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having Stack_overflow exception in _ctypes_callproc (callproc.c). The error actually come from the:
>
> cleanup:
> for (i = 0; i < argcount; ++i)
> Py_XDECREF(args[i].keep);
>
> when args[i].keep->ob_refCnt == 1

Can you offer more details? I'm guessing you're using ctypes from a
Python script; can you share the script with us?

What Python version are you using? What procedure are you calling?

ChrisA

Dieter Maurer 11-20-2012 06:40 PM

Re: Stack_overflow error

Aung Thet Naing <aung.thetnaing@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm having Stack_overflow exception in _ctypes_callproc (callproc.c). The error actually come from the:
>
> cleanup:
> for (i = 0; i < argcount; ++i)
> Py_XDECREF(args[i].keep);
>
> when args[i].keep->ob_refCnt == 1

Really a stack overflow or a general segmentation violation?
Under *nix, both are not easy to distinguish -- but maybe, you are
working with Windows?

Aung Thet Naing 12-13-2012 09:39 PM

Re: Stack_overflow error

I'm sorry that I have been away from this issue for a while.

Yes, I'm working on windows. I need to review the error again so that I could rephrase my issue clearly.

Thanks.

Aung.

Aung Thet Naing 12-13-2012 09:39 PM

Re: Stack_overflow error