Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Lazy Attribute (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t954555-re-lazy-attribute.html)

Stefan H. Holek 11-16-2012 10:41 AM

Re: Lazy Attribute

On 15.11.2012, at 20:33, Andriy Kornatskyy wrote:

> A lazy attribute is an attribute that is calculated on demand and only once.
>
> The post below shows how you can use lazy attribute in your Python class:
>
> http://mindref.blogspot.com/2012/11/...attribute.html
>
> Comments or suggestions are welcome.

There is a ready made and well tested lazy decorator at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/lazy. I even has a better name. ;-)

Since people seem to come up with their own implementations on a bi-weekly basis, I am seriously wondering how to improve its visibility. Putting it on PyPI alone does not cut it, apparently.

Stefan

--
Stefan H. Holek
stefan@epy.co.at