Templating and XML modelling
At our IT department we've developed a basic templating system for web
apps in the spirit of Meld3 (which appears to have been abandoned some
time ago), based on lxml. Here's what we like about it:
* It's just a library, not a template language
* It uses templates that are valid XHTML
* It's trivial to generate tables and forms from database metadata
* It's trivial to fill named elements á la format strings
While we like it, it's more code to maintain. Between the time when we
started coding this and now, more new templating systems have appeared
than I can reasonably evaluate. So now the question is whether we can
find a good replacement or whether we should publish our code and hope
that more people will adopt and help maintain it.
1) Can you suggest a good alternative that sounds like a good fit?
2) Does our templating system sound like just what you've been looking for?
Martin Sand Christensen
IT Services, Dept. of Electronic Systems
|All times are GMT. The time now is 01:58 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.