Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Tripods (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t954424-re-tripods.html)

Kevin McMurtrie 11-12-2012 05:45 AM

Re: Tripods

In article <0j01a8tmq5ml8g6jassa1tngghk00nck26@4ax.com>,
rfdjr1@optonline.net wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a decent mini-tripod for a pro-sumer camera? I'll be using
> it
> with a Fujifilm HS30EXR and while I want small, so I can put it in the case,
> want sturdy too. Thanks.

Camera shops sell tripod components so you can put together exactly what
you want, or even buy parts for a few different uses. Generally,
spending more money gets you a tripod that has a better stability to
weight ratio. Try them out with your camera to see how long it takes
the tripod to settle after being poked.

Avoid tripods at electronics stores. They're so springy that they're
only good indoors with a wireless remote.

You might need to turn off the camera's stabilization for long exposures
on a tripod. I don't know about Fuji's sensor shift tech, but Canon's
lens stabilizers slowly wander by a small amount. It looks similar to
what happens if you stand too close to the tripod.