Velocity Reviews

-   -   Missing modules compiling python3.3 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t954188-missing-modules-compiling-python3-3-a.html)

Giacomo Alzetta 11-04-2012 02:42 PM

Missing modules compiling python3.3

I'm trying to compile python3.3 on my (K)ubuntu 12.04, but some modules are missing.

In particular when doing make test I get:

Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules were not found:
_bz2 _curses _curses_panel
_dbm _gdbm _lzma
_sqlite3 _tkinter readline
To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the module's name.

And also the "test_urlwithfrag" test fails, but when trying to do(as suggested in the README) "./python -m test -v test_urlwithfrag" I get an error[ImportError: No module named 'test.test_urlwithfrag'
] and when doing "./python -m test -v test_urllib2net" it skips the test saying it's normal on linux(then why make test runs it and it fails???)

What am I missing? Should I install those modules manually? Is this expected?

mm0fmf 11-04-2012 02:56 PM

Re: Missing modules compiling python3.3

Giacomo Alzetta wrote:
> I'm trying to compile python3.3 on my (K)ubuntu 12.04, but some modules are missing.
>
> In particular when doing make test I get:
>
> Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules were not found:
> _bz2 _curses _curses_panel

You haven't installed the development headers for those modules giving
errors.

So for curses you'll need to install libncurses5-dev, lzma-dev etc.
Sorry, I can't remember the package names as it's a while since I did this.

Andy

Giacomo Alzetta 11-04-2012 08:31 PM

Il giorno domenica 4 novembre 2012 15:56:03 UTC+1, mm0fmf ha scritto:
> Giacomo Alzetta wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to compile python3.3 on my (K)ubuntu 12.04, but some modules are missing.

> > In particular when doing make test I get:

> > Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules were not found:

> > _bz2 _curses _curses_panel

> You haven't installed the development headers for those modules giving
>
> errors.
>

> So for curses you'll need to install libncurses5-dev, lzma-dev etc.
>
> Sorry, I can't remember the package names as it's a while since I did this.
>

> Andy

That's right! Sorry, but I thought I installed those some months ago for an other python installation, but probably I've also removed them :s

The "test_urlwithfrag" is still failing though.