Velocity Reviews

-   -   What the diferences : web.py Tornado Twisted ?! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t954147-what-the-diferences-web-py-tornado-twisted.html)

nepaul 11-02-2012 03:50 PM

Mark Lawrence 11-03-2012 01:04 AM

Re: What the diferences : web.py Tornado Twisted ?!

On 02/11/2012 15:50, nepaul wrote:
> What the diferences : web.py Tornado Twisted ?!

Web.py is spelt w e b . p y. Tornado is spelt T o r n a d o. Twisted
is spelt T w i s t e d.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.

Chris Angelico 11-03-2012 02:57 AM

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 02/11/2012 15:50, nepaul wrote:
>>
>> What the diferences : web.py Tornado Twisted ?!
>>

> Web.py is spelt w e b . p y. Tornado is spelt T o r n a d o. Twisted is
> spelt T w i s t e d.

Wow! That's profound! Oh, the insights made available, free of charge,
by the generous members of this list!

ChrisA

filipp 11-06-2012 04:40 PM

On 2012-11-02 15:50:30 +0000, nepaul said:

> What the diferences : web.py Tornado Twisted ?!

There really is a lot of material on this online, including numerous
videos. But in my experience Tornado is basically a (really cool and
easy to use) programmable web server whereas Twisted is a framework for
building any kind of network server. I guess you could say one could
use Twisted to build Tornado, but not the other way around. :)

Just my 2c, haven't used web.py myself. Google is your friend and as
always - concentrate on what you're trying to solve and then choose the
right tool for the job, not the other way around. :-)

hth,
-flip

--
-filipp