Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: How do I delete photographs from an iPad? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t954072-re-how-do-i-delete-photographs-from-an-ipad.html)

nospam 10-31-2012 04:08 AM

Re: How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

In article <be8198hnic23su8fq70jgsatdo3687iscu@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens
<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:

> Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the ability to easily add or
> delete photographs applies only to files added by synchronizing with
> iTunes.

absolutely wrong.

photos synced with itunes can only be deleted from itunes.

photos in the camera roll can be deleted on the device, or en masse
when plugged into a computer.

nospam 10-31-2012 09:58 AM

Re: How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

In article <ngp198922rb163k4g5jhh8os9tadphe08f@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens
<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:

> >> Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the ability to easily add or
> >> delete photographs applies only to files added by synchronizing with
> >> iTunes.

> >absolutely wrong.
> >
> >photos synced with itunes can only be deleted from itunes.

> That's more or less what I said.

is it?

if you sync photos from itunes, you *can't* delete them on the device.

i don't consider that 'easily add or delete'.

adding or deleting photos to the camera roll, however, is very easy,
and without using itunes.

nospam 10-31-2012 11:10 PM

Re: How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

In article <boa398harbdh1d1udq2mh03fm38ruqth21@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens
<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:

> >> That's more or less what I said.

> >is it?
> >
> >if you sync photos from itunes, you *can't* delete them on the device.
> >
> >i don't consider that 'easily add or delete'.
> >
> >adding or deleting photos to the camera roll, however, is very easy,
> >and without using itunes.

> You seem to be confused.
>
> "photos synced with itunes" are not found in the camera roll. It
> follows I was not then talking about the camera roll.

i'm well aware of that.

my point is that once you sync photos into albums using itunes, you
have to use itunes to delete them, either via cable or wirelessly.

that's not what i'd call easy. many people complain about it too.

it's also inconsistent with being able to delete photos in the camera
roll. you might be surprised how many people get confused why you can
delete photos in the camera roll but not in albums on the ipad (or
maybe you wouldn't).