Velocity Reviews

-   -   SSH Connection with Python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t953891-ssh-connection-with-python.html)

Schneider 10-25-2012 10:16 AM

SSH Connection with Python

Hi Folkz,
how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some
commands to the remote host and parse their answers.
greatz Johannes

Roy Smith 10-25-2012 12:18 PM

Re: SSH Connection with Python

In article <mailman.2834.1351161105.27098.python-list@python.org>,
Schneider <js@globe.de> wrote:

> Hi Folkz,
> how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some
> commands to the remote host and parse their answers.
> greatz Johannes

At a low level, you want to look at the paramiko library. Built on top
of that, and adding hoards of neat functionality, is fabric. One of
these is likely to be what you're looking for.

http://www.lag.net/paramiko/

https://github.com/fabric/fabric

Peter Pearson 10-25-2012 04:55 PM

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 12:16:58 +0200, Schneider <js@globe.de> wrote:
> how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some
> commands to the remote host and parse their answers.
> greatz Johannes

I've been using Twisted (twistedmatrix.com). It is especially
convenient for the server end. Its organization is "event-driven",
which you may or may not find convenient.

Peter Pearson 10-25-2012 11:08 PM

Re: SSH Connection with Python - Oops

On 25 Oct 2012 16:55:46 GMT, Peter Pearson <ppearson@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 12:16:58 +0200, Schneider <js@globe.de> wrote:
>> how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some
>> commands to the remote host and parse their answers.
>> greatz Johannes

> I've been using Twisted (twistedmatrix.com). It is especially
> convenient for the server end. Its organization is "event-driven",
> which you may or may not find convenient.

Oops! The question was about SSH, and I was blathering about SSL.
Sorry.