Re: HELP!! I screwed up bigtime!!
On 10/23/2012 12:50 AM, email@example.com wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:34:03 -0400, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
>> Quite a while ago I went through all my stored electronics and made sure all the
>> batteries had been removed. Today I went to get out a flash to try on my new
>> Fujifilm camera, and found I had forgotten to take out the batteries and they're
>> all corroded/leaking. I got the batteries out but the terminals have all that
>> white corrosion on them. And the real bad news is that it's a Nikon Speedlight
>> that cost me over $200 a few years back. Am I sh*t out of luck or can those
>> terminals be cleaned up? Thanks.
> Okay, thanks for all the great input. Can I assume that if I get all the
> corrosion cleaned off, then try and rinse with some water, even if water gets
> inside the flash, as long as it's not powered, and nothing can short out, it
> should dry out and be okay?
Definitely do not put water into your flash...
wiping with a small piece of damp cloth would be OK though
|All times are GMT. The time now is 03:29 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.