Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: HELP!! I screwed up bigtime!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t953762-re-help-i-screwed-up-bigtime.html)

jdanield 10-23-2012 07:04 AM

Re: HELP!! I screwed up bigtime!!

Le 23/10/2012 07:50, rfdjr1@optonline.net a écrit :

> Okay, thanks for all the great input. Can I assume that if I get all the
> corrosion cleaned off, then try and rinse with some water, even if water gets
> inside the flash, as long as it's not powered, and nothing can short out, it
> should dry out and be okay?

certainly not

removing completely such corrosion is neary impossible, the spring is
usually helicoidal and can't be polished all around.

Water have to be avoided as much as possible.

if *only* the spring is corroded cleaning it may solve partly the
problem, but for sure remove any anti-corrosion protection, so the
spring will corrode naturally and you will have to clean it again often.

there is no complete solution

I had a similar problem with a Sigma flash:

http://dodin.org/piwigo/picture.php?...materiel_photo

I had to disassemble it. It do not looks right but work almost well
(but not to be sold anymore :-()

jdd