Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Filters (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t953718-re-filters.html)

jdanield 10-22-2012 07:00 AM

Re: Filters

Le 22/10/2012 02:57, rfdjr1@optonline.net a écrit :
> Can someone tell me what a good filter manufacturer is? I bought a Fujifilm
> HS30EXR, which accepts 58mm filters. I want to get a protective filter for it.
> The Fuji filter costs $59 which seems a little steep to me. A check of Amazon
> has filters for as low as $4, but I don't know as I should/could trust them. I
> see Vivitar listed as an option. Any others I could trust? Thanks.

don't forget attaching a filter can makes it difficult to add other
accessories like lens hood, and may lower the quality on wide angle
position (vignetting?)

jdd

nospam 10-22-2012 07:48 AM

Re: Filters

In article <k62qu4$9f$1@dont-email.me>, jdanield <jdd@dodin.org> wrote:

> don't forget attaching a filter can makes it difficult to add other
> accessories like lens hood,

that depends on the hood and the filter. most of the time, it's not a
problem.

> and may lower the quality on wide angle
> position (vignetting?)

sometimes, and one solution is to get a bigger filter.