Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: [SI] General Announcement (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t953701-re-si-general-announcement.html)

Robert Coe 10-21-2012 06:47 PM

Re: [SI] General Announcement

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:41:38 -0400, SI Committee
<shootinphotos@StopThatMan-gmail.com> wrote:
: The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated his
: willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.

The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that date
(at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch as the
next SI deadline falls after the 11th.

Bob

PeterN 10-22-2012 01:29 AM

Re: [SI] General Announcement

On 10/21/2012 2:47 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:41:38 -0400, SI Committee
> <shootinphotos@StopThatMan-gmail.com> wrote:
> : The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated his
> : willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.
>
> The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that date
> (at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch as the
> next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
>
> Bob

I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
salary.

--
Peter

Robert Coe 10-22-2012 03:01 AM

Re: [SI] General Announcement

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 21:29:15 -0400, PeterN <peter.new@nospam.verizon.net>
wrote:
: On 10/21/2012 2:47 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
: > On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:41:38 -0400, SI Committee
: > <shootinphotos@StopThatMan-gmail.com> wrote:
: > : The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated
: > : his willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.
: >
:
: I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
: salary.

I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another year. To
encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum bonus payable at
the end of 2013.

Bob

Noons 10-22-2012 05:13 AM

Re: [SI] General Announcement

Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 22/10/2012 2:01 PM:

> : > : The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated
> : > : his willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.
> : >
> : > The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that
> : > date (at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch
> : > as the next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
> : >
> : > Bob
> : >
> :
> : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
> : salary.
>
> I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another year. To
> encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum bonus payable at
> the end of 2013.

Indexed for inflation!

Robert Coe 10-23-2012 03:56 AM

Re: [SI] General Announcement

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:13:22 +1100, Noons <wizofoz2k@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
: Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 22/10/2012 2:01 PM:
:
: > : > : The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated
: > : > : his willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.
: > : >
: > : > The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that
: > : > date (at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch
: > : > as the next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
: > : >
: > : > Bob
: > : >
: > :
: > : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
: > : salary.
: >
: > I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another year.
: > To encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum bonus
: > payable at the end of 2013.
:
: Indexed for inflation!

Well, I guess so, but we have to be careful not to set too many precedents.
What if he demands another 100% increase when negotiating a renewal of his
contract?

Bob

Noons 10-23-2012 05:48 AM

Re: [SI] General Announcement

Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 23/10/2012 2:56 PM:

> : > : > The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that
> : > : > date (at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch
> : > : > as the next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
> : > : >
> : > : > Bob
> : > : >
> : > :
> : > : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
> : > : salary.
> : >
> : > I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another year.
> : > To encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum bonus
> : > payable at the end of 2013.
> :
> : Indexed for inflation!
>
> Well, I guess so, but we have to be careful not to set too many precedents.
> What if he demands another 100% increase when negotiating a renewal of his
> contract?

No way! Offshore his position right there!
(g,d&r)

Robert Coe 10-23-2012 11:32 PM

Re: [SI] General Announcement

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 23:59:23 +0900, "David J. Littleboy" <davidjl@gol.com>
wrote:
:
: "Noons" wrote:
: Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 23/10/2012 2:56 PM:
: > : > : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we
: > : > : double his current salary.
: > : >
: > : > I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for
: > : > another year. To encourage that, we could structure the
: > : > increase as a lump-sum bonus payable at the end of 2013.
: > :
: > : Indexed for inflation!
: >
: > Well, I guess so, but we have to be careful not to set too
: > many precedents. What if he demands another 100% increase
: > when negotiating a renewal of his contract?
: >
:
: No way! Offshore his position right there and then!
: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
:
: You called???

Did I just hear David volunteer for the job??

Bob

PeterN 10-24-2012 12:08 AM

Re: [SI] General Announcement

On 10/23/2012 1:48 AM, Noons wrote:
> Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 23/10/2012 2:56 PM:
>

>> : > : > The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension
>> beyond that
>> : > : > date (at a continuation of his current remuneration),
>> especially inasmuch
>> : > : > as the next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
>> : > : >
>> : > : > Bob
>> : > : >
>> : > :
>> : > : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his
>> current
>> : > : salary.
>> : >
>> : > I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another
>> year.
>> : > To encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum
>> bonus
>> : > payable at the end of 2013.
>> :
>> : Indexed for inflation!
>>
>> Well, I guess so, but we have to be careful not to set too many
>> precedents.
>> What if he demands another 100% increase when negotiating a renewal of
>> his
>> contract?

> No way! Offshore his position right there!
> (g,d&r)

Is there an Australian applicant?

--
Peter

Noons 10-24-2012 10:23 AM

Re: [SI] General Announcement

PeterN wrote,on my timestamp of 24/10/2012 11:08 AM:

>> No way! Offshore his position right there!
>> (g,d&r)

> Is there an Australian applicant?

(crickets)

Robert Coe 10-25-2012 12:09 AM

Re: [SI] General Announcement

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:16:46 +0900, "David J. Littleboy" <davidjl@gol.com>
wrote:
:
: "Robert Coe" wrote:
: On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 23:59:23 +0900, "David J. Littleboy" <davidjl@gol.com>
: wrote:
: :
: : "Noons" wrote:
: :
: : No way! Offshore his position right there and then!
: : <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
: :
: : You called???
:
: Did I just hear David volunteer for the job??
:
: Only if you want projects like Joudoushinshu temples one week
: and Joudoushu temples another,

You'd be surprised at what looks to us like a Joudoushinshu temple.

: and fall foliage in what's either dead of winter or withering
: summer heat for the rest of you...

You don't have fall at the same time as the rest of the northern hemisphere?
How did you arrange that?

Bob