Velocity Reviews

-   -   Terminal Services (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t95360-terminal-services.html)

=?Utf-8?B?dHJpbml0eXBldGU=?= 01-26-2005 12:05 PM

Terminal Services

Hi All,

Here is what I would like to do, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have a forms authenticated web page that accepts user credentials, these
credentials are then looked up in a SQL DB, from these credentials we can
tell if the the user is an employee or customer. If the user is a customer
they are redirected to an ecommerce site, whereas if the user is an employee
then I would like to somehow allow the user to connect to our internal
intranet site.

Is this possible? If so how?

Thanks in advance,
Pete.

Eliyahu Goldin 01-26-2005 12:25 PM

Re: Terminal Services

Pete,

If I understand you correctly, your question is about setup and security.
There is a number of more specific newsgroups dealing with these issues, you
should ask there. Also the subject doesn't look relevant.

Eliyahu

=?Utf-8?B?dHJpbml0eXBldGU=?= 01-26-2005 12:35 PM

Re: Terminal Services

Not security related, at least not at this point. What I am basically after
is a way from ASP.NET code to instantiate a terminal services connection to
an internal server that can access the intranet.

Pete

Eliyahu Goldin 01-26-2005 01:10 PM

Re: Terminal Services

Pete,

It should be possible with terminal services activex. Google for "terminal
services activex".

=?Utf-8?B?dHJpbml0eXBldGU=?= 01-26-2005 01:13 PM

Re: Terminal Services

Thanks Eliyahu I will go take a look.

Pete

=?Utf-8?B?dHJpbml0eXBldGU=?= 01-26-2005 01:15 PM

Re: Terminal Services

Eliyahu Goldin 01-26-2005 01:27 PM

Re: Terminal Services

Have a look at Microsoft Terminal Services Advanced Client (TSAC):
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...etins/tsac.asp