Velocity Reviews

-   -   How Would I make text pop up a certain amount of time after theprevious action (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t953477-how-would-i-make-text-pop-up-a-certain-amount-of-time-after-theprevious-action.html)

K 10-17-2012 03:30 AM

How Would I make text pop up a certain amount of time after theprevious action

Can anyone give some lines of code that would make text pop up a certain amount of time

John B. Matthews 10-17-2012 04:42 AM

Re: How Would I make text pop up a certain amount of time after the previous action

In article <cf6085b2-c68c-42d9-b1f3-5238652c792d@googlegroups.com>,
K <kalezwe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone give some lines of code that would make text pop up a
> certain amount of time

Here's a complete example using Swing:

<http://stackoverflow.com/a/12451673/230513>

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

Arne Vajhoej 10-17-2012 03:06 PM

On 10/16/2012 11:30 PM, K wrote:
> Can anyone give some lines of code that would make text pop up a certain amount of time

In what context?

Desktop app or applet? (Swing? JavaFX? SWT?)

Web app?

Arne

Roedy Green 10-17-2012 08:24 PM

Re: How Would I make text pop up a certain amount of time after the previous action

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 20:30:51 -0700 (PDT), K <kalezwe@gmail.com> wrote,

>Can anyone give some lines of code that would make text pop up a certain amount of time

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdialog.html
There are four possible ways to poke a card into a slot.
Nearly always, only one way works. To me that betrays a
Fascist mentality, demanding customers conform to some
arbitrary rule, and hassling them to discover the magic
orientation. The polite way to do it is to design the reader
slot so that all four ways work, or so that all the customer
has to do is put the card in the vicinity of the reader.

K 10-18-2012 01:49 AM

Re: How Would I make text pop up a certain amount of time after theprevious action

I meant in a java application how would I make certain lines of text pop up after some other text