Velocity Reviews

-   General Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f44-general-computer-support.html)
-   -   I need a network monitoring piece of hardware! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t953460-i-need-a-network-monitoring-piece-of-hardware.html)

nrg2brn 10-16-2012 07:50 PM

I need a network monitoring piece of hardware!

I manage a lot of small business clients. most of them have home routers, maybe a sonicwall if Im lucky. Id like to find a magic box that I could place in the datastream that would collect netflow type information. bandwidth utilization, what IP is where, and how much, then take to another client and do the same. Obviously something like solarwinds nta, but mobile. Seems there is nothing quick, easy, packaged, portable, etc. Have any of you guys and girls run across a network stat collection tool?

Thanks!
Dave

tpheuk 01-16-2013 09:44 AM

solarwinds is the best for me

router(config)# ip flow-export version 9 [peer-as | origin-as]
The following commands break up flows into shorter segments.

router(config)# ip flow-cache timeout active 5
router(config)# ip flow-cache timeout inactive 30
In enable mode you can see current NetFlow configuration and state.

router# show ip flow export
router# show ip cache flow
router# show ip cache verbose flow