Velocity Reviews

-   -   I am just trying to find out if there is any relevant/currentresearch in the production of a generic quality assurance tool for my PhD. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t953125-i-am-just-trying-to-find-out-if-there-is-any-relevant-currentresearch-in-the-production-of-a-generic-quality-assurance-tool-for-my-phd.html)

Darryl Owens 10-06-2012 06:43 PM

I am just trying to find out if there is any relevant/currentresearch in the production of a generic quality assurance tool for my PhD.

Hi everyone,

I am currently starting my PhD in software quality assurance and have been doing a lot of reading round this subject. I am just trying to find out if there is any relevant/current research in the production of a generic quality assurance tool i.e. a tool/methodology that can accept many languages for the following areas:
Problems in code/coding errors
Compiler bugs
Language bugs
Users mathematical model
I would greatly appreciate any input and advice in this area, feel free to repost on this topic and/or contact me at: owens.darryl.lee@gmail.com

Thank you in advance

Darryl Owens

Robert Miles 11-12-2012 05:33 AM

Re: I am just trying to find out if there is any relevant/currentresearch in the production of a generic quality assurance tool for my PhD.

On 10/6/2012 1:43 PM, Darryl Owens wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am currently starting my PhD in software quality assurance and have been doing a lot of reading round this subject. I am just trying to find out if there is any relevant/current research in the production of a generic quality assurance tool i.e. a tool/methodology that can accept many languages for the following areas:
> Problems in code/coding errors
> Compiler bugs
> Language bugs
> Users mathematical model
> I would greatly appreciate any input and advice in this area, feel free to repost on this topic and/or contact me at: owens.darryl.lee@gmail.com
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Darryl Owens

I've seen a few that are specific to certain computer languages,
such as:

lint for C
valgrind for C++
WATFOR for FORTRAN (decades ago)
WATFIV for FORTRAN (decades ago)

I haven't seen any that are independent of what computer language
they are used with.

Robert Miles