Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: How to execute commands on a windows machine from a Linux machine (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t953057-re-how-to-execute-commands-on-a-windows-machine-from-a-linux-machine.html)

Dennis Lee Bieber 10-05-2012 01:24 AM

Re: How to execute commands on a windows machine from a Linux machine

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 10:43:57 +0530, "Shambhu Rajak"
<shambhu.rajak@calsoftinc.com> declaimed the following in
gmane.comp.python.general:

> Here i have two questions,
>
> 1. I want to write a framework for Linux machine that can execute
> commands on windows machine:
>
> How to create a persistent shell between Linux and Windows machine.

This depends upon how the Windows machine is configured -- does it
even permit one to telnet to it? In the Windows world, you'd be looking
for an enable "Remote Connection" service.

> 2. I require to extract windows disk management features, for eg:
> Number of drives on that windows machine ,
>
> volume size of the machine, to create a partition, all these storage stuffs.
> I want to achieve all these features of windows machine, from linux.

Learn WMI or (for newer machines, if you can connect with
privileges, PowerShell v2)
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/