Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to print html in python the normal way (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t953026-how-to-print-html-in-python-the-normal-way.html)

ashishjain.ash@gmail.com 10-04-2012 11:24 AM

How to print html in python the normal way

Hi,

I wrote a simple filter as:

@register.filter()
def html(value):
return '<p>Check</p>'

when I use this filter in my template, it displays html as:

I want to display as:

Check

am I missing something.

- Thanks for your help
Ashish

Chris Angelico 10-04-2012 11:30 AM

Re: How to print html in python the normal way

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM, <ashishjain.ash@gmail.com> wrote:
> am I missing something.

The first thing you're missing is more detail in your question. My
crystal ball tells me you're using some kind of web framework and
viewing this in your browser. And my second crystal ball suggests that
it's probably Django. But is this correct? Lots more detail, please!

ChrisA

Ramchandra Apte 10-04-2012 01:11 PM

On Thursday, 4 October 2012 17:00:57 UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM, <ashishjain.ash@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > am I missing something.

> The first thing you're missing is more detail in your question. My
>
> crystal ball tells me you're using some kind of web framework and
>
> viewing this in your browser. And my second crystal ball suggests that
>
> it's probably Django. But is this correct? Lots more detail, please!
>

> ChrisA

+1

Ramchandra Apte 10-04-2012 01:11 PM

Re: How to print html in python the normal way

On Thursday, 4 October 2012 17:00:57 UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM, <ashishjain.ash@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > am I missing something.

> The first thing you're missing is more detail in your question. My
>
> crystal ball tells me you're using some kind of web framework and
>
> viewing this in your browser. And my second crystal ball suggests that
>
> it's probably Django. But is this correct? Lots more detail, please!
>

> ChrisA

+1

Joel Goldstick 10-04-2012 01:19 PM

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Ramchandra Apte <maniandram01@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 October 2012 17:00:57 UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM, <ashishjain.ash@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > am I missing something.

You should look at the built in django tags, and learn about them
before writing your own

In this case, look here:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/de...lates/#filters

striptags

Strips all [X]HTML tags. For example:

{{ value|striptags }}

the output will be "Joel is a slug".

Again, these are just a few examples; see the built-in filter
reference for the complete list.

--
Joel Goldstick

ashishjain.ash@gmail.com 10-05-2012 08:20 AM

Re: How to print html in python the normal way

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Apologies for my question not clear. Yes I am using django framework for it.

- Regards
Ashish