Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Angle of view instead of focal length (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t952954-re-angle-of-view-instead-of-focal-length.html)

ray 10-03-2012 12:15 AM

On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 23:36:10 +0200, Alfred Molon wrote:

> Given the wide variety of sensor sizes, wouldn't it be better if the
> EXIF of a photo contained also the angle of view information? The focal
> length of the lens is not really that important, actually it is quite
> irrelevant.

Your point is well taken, but usually there is the actual focal length
and a '35mm equivalent'. Personally, I think I'd rather see focal length
divided by diagonal of the sensor. Then I'd know that 1.0 means it's a
'normal' view, less than 1.0 is 'wide angle' and greater than 1.0
'telephoto' and it would also give the magnification.