Velocity Reviews

-   -   Mail: disable maring mail as 'read' (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t9528-mail-disable-maring-mail-as-read.html)

WK 10-08-2004 03:14 PM

Mail: disable maring mail as 'read'

Mozilla 1.7.3: when I select an email-message in "Inbox", the
message-preview is shown. Then the message will be marked 'read'
automatically. How can I setup Mozilla not to mark messages 'read'
automatically?

Thanks in advance,

WK

Andreas, His Excellency, The Imperial Grand Pooh-Bah 10-08-2004 04:46 PM

Re: Mail: disable maring mail as 'read'

WK wrote:

> Mozilla 1.7.3: when I select an email-message in "Inbox", the
> message-preview is shown. Then the message will be marked 'read'
> automatically. How can I setup Mozilla not to mark messages 'read'
> automatically?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> WK

If you want to change a message back to unread, then hit the "m" key.
This is a toggle between read and unread.

Andreas

Pooh Ba -- As in the The International Order of Water Buffalos, and the
Loyal Order of Racoons.

To contact me remove the other name for "Canned Meat"

.brian. 10-08-2004 05:02 PM

(On 10/8/2004 11:14 AM) WK wrote:

> Mozilla 1.7.3: when I select an email-message in "Inbox", the
> message-preview is shown. Then the message will be marked 'read'
> automatically. How can I setup Mozilla not to mark messages 'read'
> automatically?

There might be a different setting, but this will get the job done if
you set the value high enough.

Open the browser, type in about:config in the address bar. Find the
following entries, and change the values:

mailnews.mark_message_read.delay ~~> TRUE
mailnews.mark_message_read.delay.interval ~~> Time in Seconds

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

WK 10-11-2004 08:36 AM

..brian. wrote:

> (On 10/8/2004 11:14 AM) WK wrote:
>
>> Mozilla 1.7.3: when I select an email-message in "Inbox", the
>> message-preview is shown. Then the message will be marked 'read'
>> automatically. How can I setup Mozilla not to mark messages 'read'
>> automatically?

> There might be a different setting, but this will get the job done if
> you set the value high enough.
>
> Open the browser, type in about:config in the address bar. Find the
> following entries, and change the values:
>
> mailnews.mark_message_read.delay ~~> TRUE
> mailnews.mark_message_read.delay.interval ~~> Time in Seconds

Your solution works fine for me.

Thanks,

Wim van der Kooij