Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: REST code-golf: How concisely can you expose and consume services? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t952792-re-rest-code-golf-how-concisely-can-you-expose-and-consume-services.html)

Demian Brecht 09-28-2012 02:17 PM

Re: REST code-golf: How concisely can you expose and consume services?

(A little OT so my apologies up front)

On 12-09-28 12:39 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> I love the idea, even though I shan't be entering. Code golf is awesome fun!

Code golf is indeed awesome fun and I usually enjoy taking part as well.
However, I'm not a fan of code golf such as this, that uses a framework
and then defines a rule that you *can't* hack on the same framework.

In the framework/external module spirit, I *could* write a module that
does *all* of this for me (in Pyramid, Django, web2py, etc) and then
enter with a simple method call in another module.

Done. One liner. I win ;)

I much prefer code golf that tests algorithmic/core language feature
knowledge. Of course, that's entirely only my opinion.

--
Demian Brecht
@demianbrecht