Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: The Most Amazing Site! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t952774-re-the-most-amazing-site.html)

Sqwertz 09-28-2012 05:07 AM

Re: The Most Amazing Site!

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:52:31 +1200, Eric Stevens wrote:

> http://www.flightradar24.com//t_blank

Is the plane data cut off on descent at around 1,000 ft? Every plane
I pick seems to go defunct right around 1K. It says "Waiting for new
coordinates" and the plane pane on the left of the browser resets as
if no plane is selected. The cockpit view window still stays on top,
though - as if it's frozen.

-sw

Sqwertz 09-28-2012 04:37 PM

Re: The Most Amazing Site!

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 22:38:43 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

> As far as cockpit view goes, the window opens and I get nothing but the
> following message;
> < https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...eenshot_15.jpg >

I got that message in Firefox until I switched over to Internet
Explorer, installed the Google Maps Plug-IN, then restarted Firefox.
It still doesn't work in IE, but who cares?

My dual core 3.1GHZ CPU is pegged when I do a cockpit view, so if
you're running a slower machine, don't expect much.

-sw

NM5K 09-28-2012 05:09 PM

Re: The Most Amazing Site!

On 9/28/2012 11:53 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2012-09-28 09:37:12 -0700, Sqwertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> said:
>
>> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 22:38:43 -0700, Savageduck wrote:
>>
>>> As far as cockpit view goes, the window opens and I get nothing but the
>>> following message;
>>> < https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...eenshot_15.jpg >

>> I got that message in Firefox until I switched over to Internet
>> Explorer, installed the Google Maps Plug-IN, then restarted Firefox.
>> It still doesn't work in IE, but who cares?
>>
>> My dual core 3.1GHZ CPU is pegged when I do a cockpit view, so if
>> you're running a slower machine, don't expect much.
>>
>> -sw

> I am running a 3.6GHz Core i5 & 8GB RAM.
>
> Just for giggles, I tried it with Chrome and I get the same message.

The message means you need to update google earth.

Sqwertz 09-29-2012 12:32 AM

Re: The Most Amazing Site!

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:53:22 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

> On 2012-09-28 09:37:12 -0700, Sqwertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> said:
>
>> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 22:38:43 -0700, Savageduck wrote:
>>
>>> As far as cockpit view goes, the window opens and I get nothing but the
>>> following message;
>>> < https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...eenshot_15.jpg >

>> I got that message in Firefox until I switched over to Internet
>> Explorer, installed the Google Maps Plug-IN, then restarted Firefox.
>> It still doesn't work in IE, but who cares?
>>
>> My dual core 3.1GHZ CPU is pegged when I do a cockpit view, so if
>> you're running a slower machine, don't expect much.

> I am running a 3.6GHz Core i5 & 8GB RAM.
>
> Just for giggles, I tried it with Chrome and I get the same message.

But did you install the Google maps plug-in.... I don't think it's a
given just because you use Chrome.

-sw

NM5K 09-29-2012 12:41 AM

Re: The Most Amazing Site!

On 9/28/2012 12:54 PM, Savageduck wrote:

>> The message means you need to update google earth.

> Nope!
> My Google Earth is up to date. Just checked.
> ...and I don't believe it is necessary to have G-Earth running while
> accessing FlightRadar24.

Dunno.. I got the same message when I first tried to see the "Sim"
part of it, and I had to update google earth. It's using google earth
for the "sim" part only.
Their "faq" says the same thing about that error.

NM5K 09-29-2012 12:47 AM

Re: The Most Amazing Site!

On 9/28/2012 7:32 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> But did you install the Google maps plug-in.... I don't think it's a
> given just because you use Chrome.
>
> -sw

I had to update Google earth for that to work. It's not using google
maps, even though they seem to label it that way. It's using google
earth for the cockpit view.
Mine wouldn't work with any browser until I did that.

Sqwertz 09-29-2012 03:40 AM

Re: The Most Amazing Site!

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 19:47:24 -0500, NM5K wrote:

> On 9/28/2012 7:32 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>

>> But did you install the Google maps plug-in.... I don't think it's a
>> given just because you use Chrome.

> I had to update Google earth for that to work. It's not using google
> maps, even though they seem to label it that way. It's using google
> earth for the cockpit view.
> Mine wouldn't work with any browser until I did that.

I have a feeling Google Maps updated Google Earth.

Yep - sure enough. Installing the Google Maps plug-in for IE turned
back on the Google Update plug-in in Firefox. Boy, do I HATE Google.

-sw