Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Fotokina from the dullness of Canon to this!!? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t952436-re-fotokina-from-the-dullness-of-canon-to-this.html)

Mort 09-19-2012 09:33 PM

Rich wrote:
> I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some kind of
> alien. Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
> finished product.
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09...aunches-lunar-
> mirrorless-camera

Hi,

Your DP Review link does not exist, per my PC. May we please have the
correct link?

Thanks.

Mort Linder

nospam 09-19-2012 09:44 PM

Re: Fotokina from the dullness of Canon to this!!?

In article <505a3a1b$0$9829$607ed4bc@cv.net>, Mort <mort@cloud9.net>
wrote:

> > I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some kind of
> > alien. Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
> > finished product.
> >
> > http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09...aunches-lunar-
> > mirrorless-camera
> >

> Hi,
>
> Your DP Review link does not exist, per my PC. May we please have the
> correct link?

the link is correct and works properly. the problem is with your pc,
likely with the software you're using that can't handle split line
urls. that's why angle bracket delimiters are a good thing.

PeterN 09-20-2012 12:47 AM

On 9/19/2012 5:54 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2012-09-19 14:33:17 -0700, Mort <mort@cloud9.net> said:
>
>> Rich wrote:
>>> I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some
>>> kind of
>>> alien. Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
>>> finished product.
>>>
>>> http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09...aunches-lunar-
>>> mirrorless-camera
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Your DP Review link does not exist, per my PC. May we please have the
>> correct link?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Mort Linder

> As usual it is a fractured Rich URL.
> <
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09...rorless-camera

He did provide a link and reason to look at the link. I call that progress.

--
Peter

Mort 09-20-2012 01:49 AM

Savageduck wrote:
> On 2012-09-19 14:33:17 -0700, Mort <mort@cloud9.net> said:
>
>> Rich wrote:
>>> I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some
>>> kind of
>>> alien. Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
>>> finished product.
>>>
>>> http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09...aunches-lunar-
>>> mirrorless-camera
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Your DP Review link does not exist, per my PC. May we please have the
>> correct link?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Mort Linder

> As usual it is a fractured Rich URL.
> <
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09...rorless-camera

Hi,

Your link worked nicely in my PC. Thanks a lot. I know nothing of
fractured URLs, and am glad that they do not need a plaster cast.

Regards,

Mort Linder

Wally 09-20-2012 04:13 AM

Re: Fotokina from the dullness of Canon to this!!?

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:54:31 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2012-09-19 14:33:17 -0700, Mort <mort@cloud9.net> said:
>
>> Rich wrote:
>>> I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some kind of
>>> alien. Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
>>> finished product.
>>>
>>> http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09...aunches-lunar-
>>> mirrorless-camera
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Your DP Review link does not exist, per my PC. May we please have the
>> correct link?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Mort Linder

>As usual it is a fractured Rich URL.
><
>http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09...rorless-camera

Use TinyURL (tinyurl.com) to shorten the URLs.The long-winded address
becomes
http://tinyurl.com/95shj9e

Wally

nospam 09-20-2012 05:51 AM

Re: Fotokina from the dullness of Canon to this!!?

In article <0s5l58ta8b150cqr2s31o8coav3p6en6rb@4ax.com>, Wally
<Wally@luxx.com> wrote:

> Use TinyURL (tinyurl.com) to shorten the URLs.

wrong solution. there's no way to know where a tinyurl will take you.
it could be a valid site or it could be something completely
unexpected, such as porn or malware, which in some cases, could get
someone fired.

the proper solution is to use angle bracket delimiters and/or software
that can handle multi-line urls.

another option is select the entire url and copy/paste to the browser.
the browser will stitch it back together.

nospam 09-21-2012 08:29 PM

Re: Fotokina from the dullness of Canon to this!!?

In article <fnnl58llv2r80bbklpvbplsg6i1l0f7o21@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens
<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:

> >> Use TinyURL (tinyurl.com) to shorten the URLs.

> >wrong solution. there's no way to know where a tinyurl will take you.
> >it could be a valid site or it could be something completely
> >unexpected, such as porn or malware, which in some cases, could get
> >someone fired.

> It doesn't automatically follow. You can always give your recipients
> confidence with a preview TinyURL.

no you can't. there's no way to know whether it's legitimate or not.

> >the proper solution is to use angle bracket delimiters and/or software
> >that can handle multi-line urls.

> Either that or use a news reader which doesn't wrap URLs.

the problem is reassembling them, removing any spaces, line endings and
any other illegal characters, which is why the delimiters are
important.

> >another option is select the entire url and copy/paste to the browser.
> >the browser will stitch it back together.

> Not all seem to.

time to switch to one that isn't broken.