Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Python2.4 on Win32 suddenly started crashing last night (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t952153-re-python2-4-on-win32-suddenly-started-crashing-last-night.html)

Tim Chase 09-13-2012 01:35 PM

On 09/13/12 08:12, MRAB wrote:
> I've just downloaded, installed and tested Python 2.4.4. No crash.
>
> This is with Windows XP Pro (32-bit).

Could I get the MD5 of your $PYTHONDIR\DLLs\_socket.pyd to see if it
matches mine?

>>> data = file('_socket.pyd', 'rb').read()
>>> import md5
>>> md5.md5(data).hexdigest()

'7a7fc2d9e9df65690658c989bd9e95bb'

It's looking like it might be a corrupt DLL or something to which it
links is causing issues. Alternatively, it might be possible to
find/download the 2.4.3 _socket.pyd, or possibly overwrite it with a
2.4.4 _socket.pyd (I don't know how backwards compatible the ABI is
for binary modules)

Thanks!

-tkc