Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Microsoft abandons the C language (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t951654-re-microsoft-abandons-the-c-language.html)

Nomen Nescio 08-31-2012 03:26 PM

Re: Microsoft abandons the C language

Don't make my brown eyes China Blew (past tense!) scrawled:

> I find it acceptable to crash a couple times a year due to unrecoverable
> resource contentions that can only be recoverred by restarting anyway.

That's pretty lame, I must admit. Either your code or your OS blow. I'm
pretty sure I know which it is btw.

How about issuing a helpful error message that accurately and precisely
identifies the exact problem so you won't be accused of being a bullshitter
and an incompetent person who shouldn't be allowed near anything you can
plug in? If you have real resource problems maybe they'll fix them. If not
maybe you'll fix your code.