Velocity Reviews

-   -   Running Excel On A Web Server? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t951401-running-excel-on-a-web-server.html)

johnywhy@gmail.com 08-26-2012 11:40 AM

Running Excel On A Web Server?

Our goal is to convert our current, desktop Excel VBA-product to a
web-based product. We want to leverage our existing Excel-VBA macros,
and not rebuild our entire product.

We'd like to run our existing Excel macros on our web-server, and
deliver an interactive html-spreadsheet over the web to users. Users should not
need to run Excel on their machine, only a web-browser.

Users would enter data into the web-based spreadsheet, and use
controls on the sheet to submit the spreadsheet back to our webserver,
where our Excel-VBA macros would process the submitted data, and
return an updated spreadsheet to the user's web-browser.

Any suggestions? Doesn't Microsoft offer a product or platform specifically for this exact scenario?

thanks