Velocity Reviews

-   -   New To Cisco Router (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t951291-new-to-cisco-router.html)

mac 08-23-2012 12:20 PM

New To Cisco Router

Hello everyone, I`m new to Cisco router and networking . So , I want guidance on how to start my career in field of networking.I would be very grateful if you would mention about websites.

Doug McIntyre 08-23-2012 02:36 PM

Re: New To Cisco Router

mac <newtech240@gmail.com> writes:
>Hello everyone, I`m new to Cisco router and networking . So , I want guidance on how to start my career in field of networking.I would be very grateful if you would mention about websites.

Cisco has excellent documentation.
Finding out how to navigate their website (and other vendors, such as
Juniper) to get to their documentation, and reading copious amounts of
will help you out no-matter-what. A lot of is boiler-plate. But read
the installation guides, read the getting started with configuration guides.

mac 08-24-2012 01:19 PM

Re: New To Cisco Router

Thanks Doug for replying back. But one my friends gave me collections of feww ebooks on CCNA and others. Should I need to read to them also.

Doug McIntyre 08-24-2012 02:29 PM

Re: New To Cisco Router

mac <newtech240@gmail.com> writes:
>Thanks Doug for replying back. But one my friends gave me collections of feww ebooks on CCNA and others. Should I need to read to them also.

I find the quality of the cisco documentation to be much better than
most CCNA books, while teaching much the same info.
So each to their own.

Knowing *how* to navigate the cisco documentation is going to be an
essential skill too.

tpheuk 01-19-2013 12:00 PM

may i recommend to join Cisco communities (read/search/practice taking lab much as you can)

Ref link i have larned.....
Cisco Support Forum: [url]https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa[/url]
Cisoc Communities: [url]https://communities.cisco.com/index.jspa#[/url]
Cisco Hierarchical Model: [url]http://cisconetworkingcenter.blogspot.com/2012/03/cisco-hierarchical-model.html[/url]