Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Professional cameras not allowed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t951156-re-professional-cameras-not-allowed.html)

Paul Ciszek 08-20-2012 08:38 PM

Re: Professional cameras not allowed

In article <2012081707353375249-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

>I wouldn't be surprised that if you showed up with an M9 or a Hassy
>H4D, you might just slide by the "DSLR cop".

Not "DSLR", or even "SLR", but "professional camera", whatever that
means. I just googled the Hasselblad H4D, and it appears to be large,
expensive-looking, with a complicated lens sticking way out in front.
I suspect that the guy paid to look for "professional cameras" would
finger it as one such. Unless he mistook it for a videocamera from a
previous decade, which it sort of resembles.

Could you include a name to associate with the M9 so I could google
that as well?

--
Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor

Paul Ciszek 08-20-2012 11:42 PM

Re: Professional cameras not allowed

In article <2012082013435478840-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
>On 2012-08-20 13:38:19 -0700, nospam@nospam.com (Paul Ciszek) said:
>

>> In article <2012081707353375249-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
>>>
>>> I wouldn't be surprised that if you showed up with an M9 or a Hassy
>>> H4D, you might just slide by the "DSLR cop".

>> Not "DSLR", or even "SLR", but "professional camera", whatever that
>> means. I just googled the Hasselblad H4D, and it appears to be large,
>> expensive-looking, with a complicated lens sticking way out in front.
>> I suspect that the guy paid to look for "professional cameras" would
>> finger it as one such. Unless he mistook it for a videocamera from a
>> previous decade, which it sort of resembles.
>>
>> Could you include a name to associate with the M9 so I could google
>> that as well?

>Leica M9.

Ah, that one looks like a humble little camera like an amateur might have
owned in the 50's or 60's. In fact, it looks a lot like the OM-D with kit
lens. As others have pointed out, replacing the kit lens with a pancake
lens makes the OM-D look even less intrusive.