Velocity Reviews

-   -   pythonic interface to SAPI5? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t950960-pythonic-interface-to-sapi5.html)

Vojtěch Polášek 08-17-2012 04:19 PM

pythonic interface to SAPI5?

Hi,
I am developing audiogame for visually impaired users and I want it to
be multiplatform. I know, that there is library called accessible_output
but it is not working when used in Windows for me.
I tried pyttsx, which should use Espeak on Linux and SAPI5 on Windows.
It works on Windows, on Linux I decided to use speech dispatcher bindings.
But it seems that I can't interrupt speech when using pyttsx and this is
showstopper for me.
Does anyone has any working solution for using SAPI5 on windows?
Thank you very much,
Vojta