Velocity Reviews

-   -   SAML and .NET? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t95073-saml-and-net.html)

Bob 01-21-2005 10:08 PM

SAML and .NET?

I'm doing a scoping study for a Single-Sign-On integration project with a
client. The client's SSO interface is built on SAML 1.1 specification using
Verisign TSIK, and needless to say, they have a java environment. We are
100% .NET. I was surprised that I couldn't find any resources on
implementing SAML in .NET, given that SAML uses pretty much the same
technology as Microsoft does in its WSE. Has anyone done this? Any help or
pointing me to some resources is appreciated.

Bob

Scott Mitchell [MVP] 01-22-2005 06:52 PM

Re: SAML and .NET?

> I'm doing a scoping study for a Single-Sign-On integration project
> with a client. The client's SSO interface is built on SAML 1.1
> specification using Verisign TSIK, and needless to say, they have a
> java environment. We are 100% .NET. I was surprised that I couldn't
> find any resources on implementing SAML in .NET, given that SAML uses
> pretty much the same technology as Microsoft does in its WSE. Has
> anyone done this?

You might want to get in touch with Michele Leroux Bustamante. In a blog
entry at http://www.dasblonde.net/PermaLink.a...5-9cd0190421af
she says: "SAML will be supported, because WSE is extensible. Actually, Benjamin
Mitchell and I worked on a SAML sample for our interoperability demonstration
with Axis/SourceID.so we kinda already have a start on that!"

So she might have an actual SAML implementation in .NET... worth dropping
her a line to discuss it further...

Happy Programming

jimmyo 07-12-2010 10:03 PM

Try this componentsoft.net/component/saml.net/ SAML Component for .NET and you may want to read some articles on this samlcomponent.net/ saml blog

Mitchell Prentice 11-14-2010 08:56 AM

The ComponentSpace SAML components provide easy SAML enablement of ASP.NET applications.

More details may be found at componentspace.com/saml.