Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Do C++ and Java professionals use UML?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t948766-re-do-c-and-java-professionals-use-uml.html)

Lars Enderin 07-30-2012 07:00 PM

Re: Do C++ and Java professionals use UML??

To: kensi
From: "Lars Enderin" <lars.enderin@1:261/38.remove-pvc-this>

To: kensi
From: "Lars Enderin" <lars.enderin@1:261/38.remove-5bm-this>

To: kensi
From: Lars Enderin <lars.enderin@telia.com>

2012-07-28 21:51, kensi skrev:
> On 27/07/2012 3:42 PM, Arne Vajhoj wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Why are half the people in this group suddenly switching to this
> news.tds.net NNTP provider?
>
> I ask because that NNTP provider is b0rken:
>
> 1. Every post has the same NNTP-Posting-Host header, even from people I
> know are not sockpuppets of one another, e.g. you, Robert Klemmke,
> David Lamb, and Jim Janney all have recent posts with
>
> 2. Posts through that server have the References: header stripped. As
> a result, every time any of you posts through that server it breaks
> a piece off the thread you're replying to, causing clutter and making
> discussions more difficult to follow.
>
> 3. It seems to **** up character encodings, most noticeably when Vajhoj
> posts or is replied to via TDS as he has a non-ASCII character in his
> name.
>
> Please switch back to your original providers, or if you can't for some
> reason, such as because they closed, please find something better than
> TDS to replace them with. AIOE works well enough for me and does not
> break References: when I reply or screw up encoding the o character. It
> does not require signup. Eternal-September is something I often see
> recommended, does require signup, but is free. Either of those is
> probably better than (and maybe even cheaper than) this TDS, from all
> indications.

I, for one, did not switch to that provider, yet my last post, addressing the
same point as yours, got copied through it. I don't think anybody else chose it
either. The posts are copied with different headers but the same contents. That
server should be closed down.

--
Lars Enderin

-+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
+ Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
-+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98