Velocity Reviews

-   -   innerWidth (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t948710-innerwidth.html)

Tim Streater 07-29-2012 10:15 PM

innerWidth

I have a frame, part of a frameset, whose width I would like to set and
by doing so alter the overall window width too. The user may also do
this by hand.

I have the impression that, as long as I do *not* adjust the frame's
innerWidth, then reading the frame's innerWidth later gives me a value
that reflects the frame's actual width. So if the user manually makes
the frame narrower, I would get a smaller innerWidth value.

However, if I use JavaScript to set the innerWidth to some value (X,
say), thereby making the frame narrower, then X is always what I'll get
back when reading innerWidth, even if the user manually resizes the
frame, making it wider or narrower.

Is this expected behaviour for innerWidth? Would I be better off using
resizeTo() instead?

Thanks,

--
Tim

Allodoxaphobia 07-30-2012 03:02 PM

Re: innerWidth

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:15:46 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

> Would I be better off using resizeTo() instead?

Dunno. You'd be "better off" posting to a javascript ng.

Tim Streater 07-30-2012 03:21 PM

Re: innerWidth

In article <slrnk1d8g7.2mps.knock_yourself_out@shell.config.c om>,
Allodoxaphobia <knock_yourself_out@example.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:15:46 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:
>
> > Would I be better off using resizeTo() instead?

> Dunno. You'd be "better off" posting to a javascript ng.

Why. innerWidth is part of the DOM, ISTM.

--
Tim