Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: WANTED: Documentation or Tutrial on C (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t948506-re-wanted-documentation-or-tutrial-on-c.html)

gdotone 07-25-2012 07:50 AM

On Thursday, July 20, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ingrid Dillon wrote:
> I have looked everywhere for a documentation or a tutorial on C. I will
> be using gcc and g++ and there are no docs that came wiht them. Finding a
> doc would be cheaper than buying a book....but I might have to if I dont
> get any replies. I have found docs on Assembly and others...but C, being
> so popular, you would think have many documentations. Im sure there are
> some. Please post or email if you have some or know of any. Thanks :)
>
> /* David */
>
> ingridd@rocket.umr.edu

How about?

http://www.codingunit.com/

Keith Thompson 07-25-2012 08:30 AM

gdotone <gdotone@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thursday, July 20, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ingrid Dillon wrote:
>> I have looked everywhere for a documentation or a tutorial on C. I will
>> be using gcc and g++ and there are no docs that came wiht them. Finding a
>> doc would be cheaper than buying a book....but I might have to if I dont
>> get any replies. I have found docs on Assembly and others...but C, being
>> so popular, you would think have many documentations. Im sure there are
>> some. Please post or email if you have some or know of any. Thanks :)
>>
>> /* David */
>>
>> ingridd@rocket.umr.edu

> How about?
>
> http://www.codingunit.com/

Are you aware that you're replying to an article that was posted 17
years ago?

Will write code for food.

Ben Bacarisse 07-25-2012 01:08 PM

Re: WANTED: Documentation or Tutrial on C

gdotone <gdotone@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thursday, July 20, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ingrid Dillon wrote:
>> I have looked everywhere for a documentation or a tutorial on C.

<snip>
> How about?
>
> http://www.codingunit.com/

<sigh> Who writes these things? More to the point maybe, does no one
edit them?

This one has, as usual, a number of things that are flat out wrong (more
or less than others, I can't say) but, to me, the worst thing is the
casual lack of attention to detail that seems to be a feature of these
things. Surely this passes that same attitude on the people who learn
from such tutorials, and that can't be good.

--
Ben.

Les Cargill 07-25-2012 05:38 PM

Ben Bacarisse wrote:
> gdotone <gdotone@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Thursday, July 20, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ingrid Dillon wrote:
>>> I have looked everywhere for a documentation or a tutorial on C.

> <snip>
>> How about?
>>
>> http://www.codingunit.com/

> <sigh> Who writes these things? More to the point maybe, does no one
> edit them?
>
> This one has, as usual, a number of things that are flat out wrong (more
> or less than others, I can't say) but, to me, the worst thing is the
> casual lack of attention to detail that seems to be a feature of these
> things. Surely this passes that same attitude on the people who learn
> from such tutorials, and that can't be good.

The tutorial for 'C' is and always has been K&R. It's
a masterpiece of technical writing. It might even be
the reason we still talk about 'C'.

--
Les Cargill

ralph 07-26-2012 02:45 AM

Re: WANTED: Documentation or Tutrial on C

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 01:30:48 -0700, Keith Thompson <kst-u@mib.org>
wrote:

>gdotone <gdotone@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Thursday, July 20, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ingrid Dillon wrote:
>>> I have looked everywhere for a documentation or a tutorial on C. I will
>>> be using gcc and g++ and there are no docs that came wiht them. Finding a
>>> doc would be cheaper than buying a book....but I might have to if I dont
>>> get any replies. I have found docs on Assembly and others...but C, being
>>> so popular, you would think have many documentations. Im sure there are
>>> some. Please post or email if you have some or know of any. Thanks :)
>>>
>>> /* David */
>>>
>>> ingridd@rocket.umr.edu

>> How about?
>>
>> http://www.codingunit.com/

>Are you aware that you're replying to an article that was posted 17
>years ago?

Perhaps he has been on a trip? Sirius would be about right.

d4vidadams@gmail.com 03-30-2013 04:12 PM

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:50:46 AM UTC-7, gdotone wrote:
> On Thursday, July 20, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ingrid Dillon wrote:
>
> > I have looked everywhere for a documentation or a tutorial on C. I will

> > be using gcc and g++ and there are no docs that came wiht them. Finding a

> > doc would be cheaper than buying a book....but I might have to if I dont

> > get any replies. I have found docs on Assembly and others...but C, being

> > so popular, you would think have many documentations. Im sure there are

> > some. Please post or email if you have some or know of any. Thanks :)

> > /* David */

> > ingridd@rocket.umr.edu

> How about?
>

> http://www.codingunit.com/