Velocity Reviews

-   -   how to efficiently create a "fractal" in c++... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t948464-how-to-efficiently-create-a-fractal-in-c.html)

Chris M. Thomasson 07-23-2012 11:54 PM

how to efficiently create a "fractal" in c++...

Here is the fractal in question:

http://webpages.charter.net/appcore/ctfractal.html
------------------
(current code state requires webkit to render! ;^o)

More context:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...ls/ZVMcL6HZfsg

I think a simple std::vector of std::vector's or vector's,(...), and all the
way down... will actually work fine. I need super computer to scale this
sucker!

;^)

Any thoughts?

Chris M. Thomasson 07-24-2012 07:28 PM

Re: how to efficiently create a "fractal" in c++...

[...]
> Here is the fractal in question:

> http://webpages.charter.net/appcore/ctfractal.html
> (current code state requires webkit to render! ;^o)

FWIW, I updated the CSS3 code to support Mozilla.

Now I need to come up with a formula that describes the entire fractal,
implement said formula in C++ and render it with OpenGL or something...

Fun times! :^)