Velocity Reviews

-   -   problem with java displaying unicode, under ms-windows (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t948381-problem-with-java-displaying-unicode-under-ms-windows.html)

phil@bolthole.com 07-22-2012 05:31 AM

problem with java displaying unicode, under ms-windows

Hi folks,
I'm hoping someone can tell me the magic to get java (6 or 7) to display unicode chars under ms-windows?

This is a standalone program, not an applet:

http://bolthole.com/jdrill/jdrill2_3_1.jar

The program itself works; I know this, because it displays fine under macos.
Unfortunately, the exact same jar file displays empty boxes instead of nice kanji chars, under ms-windows. Using java version 6 or 7.

Looking in the font properties type files, it seems like they are referencing ms-gothic and ms-mincho fonts. which ARE present on the system.
I see ms-gothic and ms-mincho in Control panel->fonts
And my browser successfully displays unicode pages such as
http://www.mainichi.co.jp/

So... why isnt java displaying unicode properly???

Some years ago, it was neccessary to download a special "international" version of java on windows, to display 16-bit-wide fonts.
but there does not even seem to be that option any more.
So.. what should I do?

Lew 07-22-2012 06:48 AM

Re: problem with java displaying unicode, under ms-windows

hil@bolthole.com wrote:
> I'm hoping someone can tell me the magic to get java [sic] (6 or 7) to display unicode [sic] chars under ms-windows [sic]?

This is really an OS question.

Java will emit characters using the target OS's encoding by default.

The fact is that Java is already displaying Unicode characters. However it is
Windows that is failing to render them.

Do you set the encoding explicitly in your program.

> This is a standalone program, not an applet:
>
> http://bolthole.com/jdrill/jdrill2_3_1.jar
>
> The program itself works; I know this, because it displays fine under macos.
> Unfortunately, the exact same jar file displays empty boxes instead of nice kanji chars, under ms-windows. Using java version 6 or 7.
>
> Looking in the font properties type files, it seems like they are referencing ms-gothic and ms-mincho fonts. which ARE present on the system.
> I see ms-gothic and ms-mincho in Control panel->fonts
> And my browser successfully displays unicode pages such as
> http://www.mainichi.co.jp/
>
> So... why isnt java displaying unicode properly???
>
> Some years ago, it was neccessary to download a special "international" version of java on windows, to display 16-bit-wide fonts.
> but there does not even seem to be that option any more.
> So.. what should I do?

See if specifying the encoding in your output commands helps.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Philip Brown 07-22-2012 12:00 PM

On Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:48:16 PM UTC-7, Lew wrote:
> Philip Brown wrote:
> > I'm hoping someone can tell me the magic to get java [sic] (6 or 7) to display unicode [sic] chars under ms-windows [sic]?
>
> This is really an OS question.
>
> Java will emit characters using the target OS's encoding by default.
>
> The fact is that Java is already displaying Unicode characters. However it is
> Windows that is failing to render them.
>
> Do you set the encoding explicitly in your program.

I think I did.
If I didnt, wouldnt it fail under macos?

It works under macos, as I said.

Similarly, if I failed to set the encoding properly... wouldnt it just display gibberish chars?

Instead, its displaying the old empty square "no font mapping for this char" glyph.

Similarly.. when it attempts to display a char, it is displaying ONE empty-square.
If the encoding was not set, it would display two empty chars, since it's displaying a 2-byte "widechar"

Not to mention that the same program has worked under earlier versions of windows and jre.
(And by "same program", I mean *same* program)

Philip Brown 07-22-2012 12:47 PM

On Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:53:31 AM UTC-7, rossum wrote:
> >http://bolthole.com/jdrill/jdrill2_3_1.jar
> >
> >The program itself works; I know this, because it displays fine undermacos.
> >Unfortunately, the exact same jar file displays empty boxes instead of nice kanji chars, under ms-windows. Using java version 6 or 7.
> Does your Windows font have those kanji characters available? The box
> character is a replacement for "I do not have this character available
> in the font you specify so I will show this box instead". Try
> changing your Windows font to one which includes the required kanji
> characters.

That's what I'm trying to do: have the jre change which font it uses for the unicode->local font mapping.
Unfortunately, there are no directions for this. And even me poking around behind the scenes, suggests that it already should be doing the "correct" mapping. The default seems like it should be using the already-installed fonts.

Except it isnt.

Could someone who knows about these things, and is currently running ms-windows, please take a moment to download the program and verify that java on windows isnt working right, and how to fix it?

It works out of the box in macos.
It works out of the box in solaris.
Therefore, seems like my program is fine, but there's something wrong with the java 7 setup on ms-windows.

Contrariwise, if you still think it's my program that is broken: please provide a java program that I can freely download and run, that will show unicode chars in a GUI window. I havent found any third party test cases, whichis why a long time ago, I wrote my own trivial little unicode GUI tester class.
( http://www.bolthole.com/java/unicode)

All the examples for "java unicode" I've found, merely use System.out.println(). Not what is needed here!!

markspace 07-22-2012 03:46 PM

On 7/22/2012 5:47 AM, Philip Brown wrote:

> Could someone who knows about these things, and is currently running
> ms-windows, please take a moment to download the program and verify

I don't download code, as a rule. Can you produce a simple, short,
complete, compilable example that prints a few characters from the range
you are interested in, and post the source here? That I will look at.

> Contrariwise, if you still think it's my program that is broken:
> please provide a java program that I can freely download and run,

This works for me:

package quicktest;

import javax.swing.JFrame;
import javax.swing.JTextArea;
import javax.swing.SwingUtilities;

/**
*
* @author Brenden
*/
public class UpperCodepoint {

public void run() {
StringBuilder stb = new StringBuilder();
stb.appendCodePoint(0x20FF0);
JFrame frame = new JFrame();
JTextArea ta = new JTextArea();
frame.add(ta);
ta.setText(stb.toString());

frame.pack();
frame.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOS E);
frame.setLocationRelativeTo(null);
frame.setSize(500, 500);
frame.setVisible(true);
}
});

}
}

Knute Johnson 07-22-2012 04:22 PM

On 7/21/2012 10:31 PM, phil@bolthole.com wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'm hoping someone can tell me the magic to get java (6 or 7) to display unicode chars under ms-windows?
>
> This is a standalone program, not an applet:
>
> http://bolthole.com/jdrill/jdrill2_3_1.jar
>
> The program itself works; I know this, because it displays fine under macos.
> Unfortunately, the exact same jar file displays empty boxes instead of nice kanji chars, under ms-windows. Using java version 6 or 7.
>
> Looking in the font properties type files, it seems like they are referencing ms-gothic and ms-mincho fonts. which ARE present on the system.
> I see ms-gothic and ms-mincho in Control panel->fonts
> And my browser successfully displays unicode pages such as
> http://www.mainichi.co.jp/
>
> So... why isnt java displaying unicode properly???
>
> Some years ago, it was neccessary to download a special "international" version of java on windows, to display 16-bit-wide fonts.
> but there does not even seem to be that option any more.
> So.. what should I do?

I copied some text from www.mainichi.co.jp into Libre Office. I saved
the text as UTF-8. I used the program below to display it. It isn't
quite correct though, I get a dot before the text that wasn't on the web
page. Other than that it works fine.

import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.nio.charset.*;
import javax.swing.*;

public class test extends JPanel {
private char[] buffer = new char[256];
private int n;

public test() {
setPreferredSize(new Dimension(320,240));
try {
FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream("xxx");
InputStreamReader isr = new InputStreamReader(fis,"UTF-8");
n = isr.read(buffer,0,256);
isr.close();
} catch (IOException ioe) {
ioe.printStackTrace();
}
}

g.setFont(new Font("MS Mincho",Font.PLAIN,12));
g.drawChars(buffer,0,n,10,20);
}

EventQueue.invokeLater(new Runnable() {
public void run() {
JFrame f = new JFrame();
f.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE );
f.add(new test(),BorderLayout.CENTER);
f.pack();
f.setVisible(true);
}
});
}
}

Philip Brown 07-22-2012 04:55 PM

On Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:22:52 AM UTC-7, Knute Johnson wrote:
> I copied some text from www.mainichi.co.jp into Libre Office. I saved
> the text as UTF-8. I used the program below to display it. It isn't
> quite correct though, I get a dot before the text that wasn't on the web
> page. Other than that it works fine.

Interesting. But it breaks the concept of "write once run anywhere", to set a platform specific font. My issue centers on how to make it work WITHOUT that hack.
As I mentioned, my program currently runs fine on MacOS, Solaris, linux, .....
I dont want any OS-specific code in my program (nor should I have to have any?!)

btw: thanks to markspace for his code, but I'm using AWT.
Kindasorta like Knute's code, but with plain Frame, not JFrame, as top.

markspace 07-22-2012 05:10 PM

On 7/22/2012 9:55 AM, Philip Brown wrote:
> btw: thanks to markspace for his code, but I'm using AWT.
> Kindasorta like Knute's code, but with plain Frame, not JFrame, as top.

It works the same for AWT. They all use the same drawChars() method
underneath.

Philip Brown 07-22-2012 05:37 PM

On Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:10:28 AM UTC-7, markspace wrote:
> On 7/22/2012 9:55 AM, Philip Brown wrote:
> > btw: thanks to markspace for his code, but I'm using AWT.
> > Kindasorta like Knute's code, but with plain Frame, not JFrame, as top.
>

> It works the same for AWT. They all use the same drawChars() method
> underneath.

Yeah, I figured.
The good news is, I found a solution to get the JRE working properly in windows, so it can work as well as MacOS.

step 1: copy (jre)/lib/fontconfig.properties.src to fontconfig.properties
step 2: modify the line

sequence.allfonts=alphabetic/default,dingbats,symbol

to be
sequence.allfonts=alphabetic/default,dingbats,symbol,japanese

The odd thing is,the MacOS fontconfig.properties, is not set up that way. But It Works. Oh well.

markspace 07-22-2012 06:31 PM

On 7/22/2012 10:37 AM, Philip Brown wrote:

> step 1: copy (jre)/lib/fontconfig.properties.src to
> fontconfig.properties step 2: modify the line
>
> sequence.allfonts=alphabetic/default,dingbats,symbol
>
> to be sequence.allfonts=alphabetic/default,dingbats,symbol,japanese

Thanks for reporting your solution back to us, it helps out everyone.
However I'm concerned that you may have, or have now, a defective
installation. Here's my file; there's already a different line for
Japanese script set. Is your file very different from mine?

#
#
# Copyright (c) 2003, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights
reserved.
# ORACLE PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL. Use is subject to license terms.
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

# Version

version=1

# Component Font Mappings

allfonts.chinese-ms936=SimSun
allfonts.chinese-ms936-extb=SimSun-ExtB
allfonts.chinese-gb18030=SimSun-18030
allfonts.chinese-gb18030-extb=SimSun-ExtB
allfonts.chinese-hkscs=MingLiU_HKSCS
allfonts.chinese-ms950-extb=MingLiU-ExtB
allfonts.devanagari=Mangal
allfonts.dingbats=Wingdings
allfonts.lucida=Lucida Sans Regular
allfonts.symbol=Symbol
allfonts.thai=Lucida Sans Regular
allfonts.georgian=Sylfaen

serif.plain.alphabetic=Times New Roman
serif.plain.chinese-ms950=MingLiU
serif.plain.chinese-ms950-extb=MingLiU-ExtB
serif.plain.hebrew=David
serif.plain.japanese=MS Mincho
serif.plain.korean=Batang

serif.bold.alphabetic=Times New Roman Bold
serif.bold.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
serif.bold.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
serif.bold.hebrew=David Bold
serif.bold.japanese=MS Mincho
serif.bold.korean=Batang

serif.italic.alphabetic=Times New Roman Italic
serif.italic.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
serif.italic.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
serif.italic.hebrew=David
serif.italic.japanese=MS Mincho
serif.italic.korean=Batang

serif.bolditalic.alphabetic=Times New Roman Bold Italic
serif.bolditalic.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
serif.bolditalic.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
serif.bolditalic.hebrew=David Bold
serif.bolditalic.japanese=MS Mincho
serif.bolditalic.korean=Batang

sansserif.plain.alphabetic=Arial
sansserif.plain.chinese-ms950=MingLiU
sansserif.plain.chinese-ms950-extb=MingLiU-ExtB
sansserif.plain.hebrew=David
sansserif.plain.japanese=MS Gothic
sansserif.plain.korean=Gulim

sansserif.bold.alphabetic=Arial Bold
sansserif.bold.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
sansserif.bold.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
sansserif.bold.hebrew=David Bold
sansserif.bold.japanese=MS Gothic
sansserif.bold.korean=Gulim

sansserif.italic.alphabetic=Arial Italic
sansserif.italic.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
sansserif.italic.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
sansserif.italic.hebrew=David
sansserif.italic.japanese=MS Gothic
sansserif.italic.korean=Gulim

sansserif.bolditalic.alphabetic=Arial Bold Italic
sansserif.bolditalic.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
sansserif.bolditalic.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
sansserif.bolditalic.hebrew=David Bold
sansserif.bolditalic.japanese=MS Gothic
sansserif.bolditalic.korean=Gulim

monospaced.plain.alphabetic=Courier New
monospaced.plain.chinese-ms950=MingLiU
monospaced.plain.chinese-ms950-extb=MingLiU-ExtB
monospaced.plain.hebrew=Courier New
monospaced.plain.japanese=MS Gothic
monospaced.plain.korean=GulimChe

monospaced.bold.alphabetic=Courier New Bold
monospaced.bold.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
monospaced.bold.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
monospaced.bold.hebrew=Courier New Bold
monospaced.bold.japanese=MS Gothic
monospaced.bold.korean=GulimChe

monospaced.italic.alphabetic=Courier New Italic
monospaced.italic.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
monospaced.italic.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
monospaced.italic.hebrew=Courier New
monospaced.italic.japanese=MS Gothic
monospaced.italic.korean=GulimChe

monospaced.bolditalic.alphabetic=Courier New Bold Italic
monospaced.bolditalic.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
monospaced.bolditalic.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
monospaced.bolditalic.hebrew=Courier New Bold
monospaced.bolditalic.japanese=MS Gothic
monospaced.bolditalic.korean=GulimChe

dialog.plain.alphabetic=Arial
dialog.plain.chinese-ms950=MingLiU
dialog.plain.chinese-ms950-extb=MingLiU-ExtB
dialog.plain.hebrew=David
dialog.plain.japanese=MS Gothic
dialog.plain.korean=Gulim

dialog.bold.alphabetic=Arial Bold
dialog.bold.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
dialog.bold.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
dialog.bold.hebrew=David Bold
dialog.bold.japanese=MS Gothic
dialog.bold.korean=Gulim

dialog.italic.alphabetic=Arial Italic
dialog.italic.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
dialog.italic.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
dialog.italic.hebrew=David
dialog.italic.japanese=MS Gothic
dialog.italic.korean=Gulim

dialog.bolditalic.alphabetic=Arial Bold Italic
dialog.bolditalic.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
dialog.bolditalic.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
dialog.bolditalic.hebrew=David Bold
dialog.bolditalic.japanese=MS Gothic
dialog.bolditalic.korean=Gulim

dialoginput.plain.alphabetic=Courier New
dialoginput.plain.chinese-ms950=MingLiU
dialoginput.plain.chinese-ms950-extb=MingLiU-ExtB
dialoginput.plain.hebrew=David
dialoginput.plain.japanese=MS Gothic
dialoginput.plain.korean=Gulim

dialoginput.bold.alphabetic=Courier New Bold
dialoginput.bold.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
dialoginput.bold.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
dialoginput.bold.hebrew=David Bold
dialoginput.bold.japanese=MS Gothic
dialoginput.bold.korean=Gulim

dialoginput.italic.alphabetic=Courier New Italic
dialoginput.italic.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
dialoginput.italic.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
dialoginput.italic.hebrew=David
dialoginput.italic.japanese=MS Gothic
dialoginput.italic.korean=Gulim

dialoginput.bolditalic.alphabetic=Courier New Bold Italic
dialoginput.bolditalic.chinese-ms950=PMingLiU
dialoginput.bolditalic.chinese-ms950-extb=PMingLiU-ExtB
dialoginput.bolditalic.hebrew=David Bold
dialoginput.bolditalic.japanese=MS Gothic
dialoginput.bolditalic.korean=Gulim

# Search Sequences

sequence.allfonts=alphabetic/default,dingbats,symbol

sequence.serif.GBK=alphabetic,chinese-ms936,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms936-extb
sequence.sansserif.GBK=alphabetic,chinese-ms936,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms936-extb
sequence.monospaced.GBK=chinese-ms936,alphabetic,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms936-extb
sequence.dialog.GBK=alphabetic,chinese-ms936,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms936-extb
sequence.dialoginput.GBK=alphabetic,chinese-ms936,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms936-extb

sequence.serif.GB18030=alphabetic,chinese-gb18030,dingbats,symbol,chinese-gb18030-extb
sequence.sansserif.GB18030=alphabetic,chinese-gb18030,dingbats,symbol,chinese-gb18030-extb
sequence.monospaced.GB18030=chinese-gb18030,alphabetic,dingbats,symbol,chinese-gb18030-extb
sequence.dialog.GB18030=alphabetic,chinese-gb18030,dingbats,symbol,chinese-gb18030-extb
sequence.dialoginput.GB18030=alphabetic,chinese-gb18030,dingbats,symbol,chinese-gb18030-extb

sequence.serif.x-windows-950=alphabetic,chinese-ms950,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb
sequence.sansserif.x-windows-950=alphabetic,chinese-ms950,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb
sequence.monospaced.x-windows-950=chinese-ms950,alphabetic,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb
sequence.dialog.x-windows-950=alphabetic,chinese-ms950,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb
sequence.dialoginput.x-windows-950=alphabetic,chinese-ms950,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb

sequence.serif.x-MS950-HKSCS=alphabetic,chinese-ms950,chinese-hkscs,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb
sequence.sansserif.x-MS950-HKSCS=alphabetic,chinese-ms950,chinese-hkscs,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb
sequence.monospaced.x-MS950-HKSCS=chinese-ms950,alphabetic,chinese-hkscs,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb
sequence.dialog.x-MS950-HKSCS=alphabetic,chinese-ms950,chinese-hkscs,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb
sequence.dialoginput.x-MS950-HKSCS=alphabetic,chinese-ms950,chinese-hkscs,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb

sequence.serif.x-MS950-HKSCS-XP=alphabetic,chinese-ms950,chinese-hkscs,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb
sequence.sansserif.x-MS950-HKSCS-XP=alphabetic,chinese-ms950,chinese-hkscs,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb
sequence.monospaced.x-MS950-HKSCS-XP=chinese-ms950,alphabetic,chinese-hkscs,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb
sequence.dialog.x-MS950-HKSCS-XP=alphabetic,chinese-ms950,chinese-hkscs,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb
sequence.dialoginput.x-MS950-HKSCS-XP=alphabetic,chinese-ms950,chinese-hkscs,dingbats,symbol,chinese-ms950-extb

sequence.allfonts.UTF-8.hi=alphabetic/1252,devanagari,dingbats,symbol
sequence.allfonts.UTF-8.ja=alphabetic,japanese,devanagari,dingbats,symbo l

sequence.allfonts.windows-1255=hebrew,alphabetic/1252,dingbats,symbol

sequence.serif.windows-31j=alphabetic,japanese,dingbats,symbol
sequence.sansserif.windows-31j=alphabetic,japanese,dingbats,symbol
sequence.monospaced.windows-31j=japanese,alphabetic,dingbats,symbol
sequence.dialog.windows-31j=alphabetic,japanese,dingbats,symbol
sequence.dialoginput.windows-31j=alphabetic,japanese,dingbats,symbol

sequence.serif.x-windows-949=alphabetic,korean,dingbats,symbol
sequence.sansserif.x-windows-949=alphabetic,korean,dingbats,symbol
sequence.monospaced.x-windows-949=korean,alphabetic,dingbats,symbol
sequence.dialog.x-windows-949=alphabetic,korean,dingbats,symbol
sequence.dialoginput.x-windows-949=alphabetic,korean,dingbats,symbol

sequence.allfonts.x-windows-874=alphabetic,thai,dingbats,symbol

sequence.fallback=lucida,\

chinese-ms950,chinese-hkscs,chinese-ms936,chinese-gb18030,\

japanese,korean,chinese-ms950-extb,chinese-ms936-extb,georgian

# Exclusion Ranges

exclusion.alphabetic=0700-1e9f,1f00-20ab,20ad-f8ff
exclusion.chinese-gb18030=0390-03d6,2200-22ef,2701-27be
exclusion.hebrew=0041-005a,0060-007a,007f-00ff,20ac-20ac

# Monospaced to Proportional width variant mapping
# (Experimental private syntax)
proportional.MS_Gothic=MS PGothic
proportional.MS_Mincho=MS PMincho
proportional.MingLiU=PMingLiU
proportional.MingLiU-ExtB=PMingLiU-ExtB

# Font File Names

filename.Arial=ARIAL.TTF
filename.Arial_Bold=ARIALBD.TTF
filename.Arial_Italic=ARIALI.TTF
filename.Arial_Bold_Italic=ARIALBI.TTF

filename.Courier_New=COUR.TTF
filename.Courier_New_Bold=COURBD.TTF
filename.Courier_New_Italic=COURI.TTF
filename.Courier_New_Bold_Italic=COURBI.TTF

filename.Times_New_Roman=TIMES.TTF
filename.Times_New_Roman_Bold=TIMESBD.TTF
filename.Times_New_Roman_Italic=TIMESI.TTF
filename.Times_New_Roman_Bold_Italic=TIMESBI.TTF

filename.SimSun=SIMSUN.TTC
filename.SimSun-18030=SIMSUN18030.TTC
filename.SimSun-ExtB=SIMSUNB.TTF

filename.MingLiU=MINGLIU.TTC
filename.MingLiU-ExtB=MINGLIUB.TTC
filename.PMingLiU=MINGLIU.TTC
filename.PMingLiU-ExtB=MINGLIUB.TTC
filename.MingLiU_HKSCS=hkscsm3u.ttf

filename.David=DAVID.TTF
filename.David_Bold=DAVIDBD.TTF

filename.MS_Mincho=MSMINCHO.TTC
filename.MS_PMincho=MSMINCHO.TTC
filename.MS_Gothic=MSGOTHIC.TTC
filename.MS_PGothic=MSGOTHIC.TTC

filename.Gulim=gulim.TTC
filename.Batang=batang.TTC
filename.GulimChe=gulim.TTC

filename.Lucida_Sans_Regular=LucidaSansRegular.ttf
filename.Mangal=MANGAL.TTF
filename.Symbol=SYMBOL.TTF
filename.Wingdings=WINGDING.TTF

filename.Sylfaen=sylfaen.ttf