Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Sudden doubling of nearly all messages (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t948347-re-sudden-doubling-of-nearly-all-messages.html)

Dave Angel 07-21-2012 11:25 AM

On 07/21/2012 07:05 AM, Andrew Berg wrote:
> On 7/21/2012 5:48 AM, Dave Angel wrote:
>> Has anybody else noticed the sudden double-posting of nearly all
>> messages in the python mailing list?

> I am also using the mailing list, but I haven't experienced this.

Well, my own message was doubled, but not your reply.

When I look at the message sources, they definitely are different. The
one looks to me like an ordinary email. The other is much longer, but I
don't claim to know what all the fields mean.

One pair of fields that looks interesting is:

.... X-Original-To: python-list@python.org
.... Delivered-To: python-list@mail.python.org

I sent to python-list@python.org, and when I do a reply-all that's what
gets filled in. But what about the other address?

The pervasive doubling just started in the last day or two; I saw 50
new messages overnight, between about 10pm and 4am, EDT. I haven't
changed any settings on purpose, and the only new software is whatever
the Linux update manager changes.

--

DaveA