Velocity Reviews

-   -   Session timeout not working? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t94811-session-timeout-not-working.html)

eric_mamet_test@yahoo.co.uk 01-19-2005 01:26 PM

Session timeout not working?

It seems quite simple but just won't work...

My web site is a virtual folder under the default web site on a W2K
server (used for devt purpose).

I have set timeout="120" in sessionState in web.config (in my virtual
folder) as well as 120 minutes in IIS Admin for both the default web
site and the virtual folder.

Yet, my session still times out after 20mns...
What am I missing?
Any idea?

Eric

Rutger Smit 01-19-2005 10:25 PM

Re: Session timeout not working?

eric_mamet_test@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> It seems quite simple but just won't work...
>
> My web site is a virtual folder under the default web site on a W2K
> server (used for devt purpose).
>
> I have set timeout="120" in sessionState in web.config (in my virtual
> folder) as well as 120 minutes in IIS Admin for both the default web
> site and the virtual folder.
>
> Yet, my session still times out after 20mns...
> What am I missing?
> Any idea?
>

> Eric

Does the root website override your setting?
Do you get the same result on other servers (eg. W2K3)?

//Rutger