Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: ANN: PollyReports 1.5 -- Band-oriented PDF Report Generator (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t948044-re-ann-pollyreports-1-5-band-oriented-pdf-report-generator.html)

Andreas Perstinger 07-12-2012 09:56 AM

Re: ANN: PollyReports 1.5 -- Band-oriented PDF Report Generator

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:59:06 +1000
Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Andreas Perstinger
> <andipersti@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you mean this license?:
> > http://packages.python.org/PollyReports/license.html
> >
> > It's the standard license for NetBSD projects and approved by OSI:
> > http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php
> >
> > and GPL-compatible:
> > http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#FreeBSD

> Can you state that on the page, perhaps? It'd mean that anyone who's
> familiar with the license can read one keyword and know what the terms
> are, rather than dig through the full text to see if it's really the
> same or not.

I'm not responsible for any of the tree pages I've mentioned.

I've just looked at the "PollyReports"-license page because I was
curious which "strange" license the original author uses. Then I noticed
it's just one of the BSD-licenses, used Wikipedia to confirm it and
searched for the two other pages to show that it isn't problematic at
all.

Bye, Andreas