Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f43-python.html)
-   -   [newbie] Python and Qt4 Designer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t948014-newbie-python-and-qt4-designer.html)

Jean Dubois 07-11-2012 03:37 PM

[newbie] Python and Qt4 Designer
 
I'm trying to combine python-code made with QT4 designer with plain
python statements like
file = open("test","w")
Can anyone tell me what I have to add to the following code just to
open a file when clicking on the load-button and closing it by
clicking on the save button.

#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

# Form implementation generated from reading ui file 'test.ui'
#
# Created: Wed Jul 11 17:21:35 2012
# by: PyQt4 UI code generator 4.8.3
#
# WARNING! All changes made in this file will be lost!

from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui

try:
_fromUtf8 = QtCore.QString.fromUtf8
except AttributeError:
_fromUtf8 = lambda s: s

class Ui_Form(object):
def setupUi(self, Form):
Form.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("Form"))
Form.resize(400, 300)
self.widget = QtGui.QWidget(Form)
self.widget.setGeometry(QtCore.QRect(10, 20, 146, 25))
self.widget.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("widget"))
self.horizontalLayout = QtGui.QHBoxLayout(self.widget)
self.horizontalLayout.setMargin(0)

self.horizontalLayout.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("hor izontalLayout"))
self.pushButton_2 = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
self.pushButton_2.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("pushBut ton_2"))
self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton_2)
self.pushButton = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
self.pushButton.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("pushButto n"))
self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton)

self.retranslateUi(Form)
QtCore.QMetaObject.connectSlotsByName(Form)

def retranslateUi(self, Form):
Form.setWindowTitle(QtGui.QApplication.translate(" Form",
"Form", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
self.pushButton_2.setText(QtGui.QApplication.trans late("Form",
"Save file", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
self.pushButton.setText(QtGui.QApplication.transla te("Form",
"Load file", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))


if __name__ == "__main__":
import sys
app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
Form = QtGui.QWidget()
ui = Ui_Form()
ui.setupUi(Form)
Form.show()
sys.exit(app.exec_())


thanks in advance
jean

Vincent Vande Vyvre 07-12-2012 12:59 AM

Re: [newbie] Python and Qt4 Designer
 
On 11/07/12 17:37, Jean Dubois wrote:
> I'm trying to combine python-code made with QT4 designer with plain
> python statements like
> file = open("test","w")
> Can anyone tell me what I have to add to the following code just to
> open a file when clicking on the load-button and closing it by
> clicking on the save button.
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
> # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
>
> # Form implementation generated from reading ui file 'test.ui'
> #
> # Created: Wed Jul 11 17:21:35 2012
> # by: PyQt4 UI code generator 4.8.3
> #
> # WARNING! All changes made in this file will be lost!
>
> from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui
>
> try:
> _fromUtf8 = QtCore.QString.fromUtf8
> except AttributeError:
> _fromUtf8 = lambda s: s
>
> class Ui_Form(object):
> def setupUi(self, Form):
> Form.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("Form"))
> Form.resize(400, 300)
> self.widget = QtGui.QWidget(Form)
> self.widget.setGeometry(QtCore.QRect(10, 20, 146, 25))
> self.widget.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("widget"))
> self.horizontalLayout = QtGui.QHBoxLayout(self.widget)
> self.horizontalLayout.setMargin(0)
>
> self.horizontalLayout.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("hor izontalLayout"))
> self.pushButton_2 = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
> self.pushButton_2.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("pushBut ton_2"))
> self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton_2)
> self.pushButton = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
> self.pushButton.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("pushButto n"))
> self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton)
>
> self.retranslateUi(Form)
> QtCore.QMetaObject.connectSlotsByName(Form)
>
> def retranslateUi(self, Form):
> Form.setWindowTitle(QtGui.QApplication.translate(" Form",
> "Form", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
> self.pushButton_2.setText(QtGui.QApplication.trans late("Form",
> "Save file", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
> self.pushButton.setText(QtGui.QApplication.transla te("Form",
> "Load file", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
>
>
> if __name__ == "__main__":
> import sys
> app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
> Form = QtGui.QWidget()
> ui = Ui_Form()
> ui.setupUi(Form)
> Form.show()
> sys.exit(app.exec_())
>
>
> thanks in advance
> jean

Connect the signal clicked of your's buttons to your's functions.

self.pushButton.clicked.connect(self.my_func)

Here's all the truth:

http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/...als_slots.html

--
Vincent V.V.
Oqapy <https://launchpad.net/oqapy> . Qarte+7
<https://launchpad.net/qarte+7> . PaQager <https://launchpad.net/paqager>


Jean Dubois 07-12-2012 06:42 AM

Re: Python and Qt4 Designer
 
On 12 jul, 02:59, Vincent Vande Vyvre <vincent.vandevy...@swing.be>
wrote:
> On 11/07/12 17:37, Jean Dubois wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > I'm trying to combine python-code made with QT4 designer with plain
> > python statements like
> > file = open("test","w")
> > Can anyone tell me what I have to *add to the following code just to
> > open a file when clicking on the load-button and closing it by
> > clicking on the save button.

>
> > #!/usr/bin/env python
> > # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

>
> > # Form implementation generated from reading ui file 'test.ui'
> > #
> > # Created: Wed Jul 11 17:21:35 2012
> > # * * *by: PyQt4 UI code generator 4.8.3
> > #
> > # WARNING! All changes made in this file will be lost!

>
> > from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui

>
> > try:
> > * * _fromUtf8 = QtCore.QString.fromUtf8
> > except AttributeError:
> > * * _fromUtf8 = lambda s: s

>
> > class Ui_Form(object):
> > * * def setupUi(self, Form):
> > * * * * Form.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("Form"))
> > * * * * Form.resize(400, 300)
> > * * * * self.widget = QtGui.QWidget(Form)
> > * * * * self.widget.setGeometry(QtCore.QRect(10, 20, 146, 25))
> > * * * * self.widget.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("widget"))
> > * * * * self.horizontalLayout = QtGui.QHBoxLayout(self.widget)
> > * * * * self.horizontalLayout.setMargin(0)

>
> > self.horizontalLayout.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("hor izontalLayout"))
> > * * * * self.pushButton_2 = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
> > * * * * self.pushButton_2.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("pushBut ton_2"))
> > * * * * self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton_2)
> > * * * * self.pushButton = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
> > * * * * self.pushButton.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("pushButto n"))
> > * * * * self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton)

>
> > * * * * self.retranslateUi(Form)
> > * * * * QtCore.QMetaObject.connectSlotsByName(Form)

>
> > * * def retranslateUi(self, Form):
> > * * * * Form.setWindowTitle(QtGui.QApplication.translate(" Form",
> > "Form", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
> > * * * * self.pushButton_2.setText(QtGui.QApplication.trans late("Form",
> > "Save file", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
> > * * * * self.pushButton.setText(QtGui.QApplication.transla te("Form",
> > "Load file", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))

>
> > if __name__ == "__main__":
> > * * import sys
> > * * app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
> > * * Form = QtGui.QWidget()
> > * * ui = Ui_Form()
> > * * ui.setupUi(Form)
> > * * Form.show()
> > * * sys.exit(app.exec_())

>
> > thanks in advance
> > jean

>
> Connect the signal clicked of your's buttons to your's functions.
>
> * * self.pushButton.clicked.connect(self.my_func)
>
> Here's all the truth:
>
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/...tml/new_style_...
>
> --
> Vincent V.V.
> Oqapy <https://launchpad.net/oqapy> . Qarte+7
> <https://launchpad.net/qarte+7> . PaQager <https://launchpad.net/paqager>


thanks for the reference, could you just supply a small example for
the code above to get me started?

thanks in advance
jean

Vincent Vande Vyvre 07-13-2012 01:52 AM

Re: Python and Qt4 Designer
 
On 12/07/12 08:42, Jean Dubois wrote:
> On 12 jul, 02:59, Vincent Vande Vyvre <vincent.vandevy...@swing.be>
> wrote:
>> On 11/07/12 17:37, Jean Dubois wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>> I'm trying to combine python-code made with QT4 designer with plain
>>> python statements like
>>> file = open("test","w")
>>> Can anyone tell me what I have to add to the following code just to
>>> open a file when clicking on the load-button and closing it by
>>> clicking on the save button.
>>> #!/usr/bin/env python
>>> # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
>>> # Form implementation generated from reading ui file 'test.ui'
>>> #
>>> # Created: Wed Jul 11 17:21:35 2012
>>> # by: PyQt4 UI code generator 4.8.3
>>> #
>>> # WARNING! All changes made in this file will be lost!
>>> from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui
>>> try:
>>> _fromUtf8 = QtCore.QString.fromUtf8
>>> except AttributeError:
>>> _fromUtf8 = lambda s: s
>>> class Ui_Form(object):
>>> def setupUi(self, Form):
>>> Form.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("Form"))
>>> Form.resize(400, 300)
>>> self.widget = QtGui.QWidget(Form)
>>> self.widget.setGeometry(QtCore.QRect(10, 20, 146, 25))
>>> self.widget.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("widget"))
>>> self.horizontalLayout = QtGui.QHBoxLayout(self.widget)
>>> self.horizontalLayout.setMargin(0)
>>> self.horizontalLayout.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("hor izontalLayout"))
>>> self.pushButton_2 = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
>>> self.pushButton_2.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("pushBut ton_2"))
>>> self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton_2)
>>> self.pushButton = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
>>> self.pushButton.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("pushButto n"))
>>> self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton)
>>> self.retranslateUi(Form)
>>> QtCore.QMetaObject.connectSlotsByName(Form)
>>> def retranslateUi(self, Form):
>>> Form.setWindowTitle(QtGui.QApplication.translate(" Form",
>>> "Form", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
>>> self.pushButton_2.setText(QtGui.QApplication.trans late("Form",
>>> "Save file", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
>>> self.pushButton.setText(QtGui.QApplication.transla te("Form",
>>> "Load file", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
>>> if __name__ == "__main__":
>>> import sys
>>> app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
>>> Form = QtGui.QWidget()
>>> ui = Ui_Form()
>>> ui.setupUi(Form)
>>> Form.show()
>>> sys.exit(app.exec_())
>>> thanks in advance
>>> jean

>> Connect the signal clicked of your's buttons to your's functions.
>>
>> self.pushButton.clicked.connect(self.my_func)
>>
>> Here's all the truth:
>>
>> http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/...tml/new_style_...
>>
>> --
>> Vincent V.V.
>> Oqapy <https://launchpad.net/oqapy> . Qarte+7
>> <https://launchpad.net/qarte+7> . PaQager <https://launchpad.net/paqager>

> thanks for the reference, could you just supply a small example for
> the code above to get me started?
>
> thanks in advance
> jean

Just add the connection at the end of the Ui_Form class and, of course,
your function.

You can find numbers of examples in your PyQt4 install folder.
On my machine is located at /usr/share/doc/python-qt4-doc/examples

And, for more inspiration, have a look at this site:
http://diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/

--
Vincent V.V.
Oqapy <https://launchpad.net/oqapy> . Qarte
<https://launchpad.net/qarte> . PaQager <https://launchpad.net/paqager>


Jean Dubois 07-13-2012 09:12 PM

Re: Python and Qt4 Designer
 
Op vrijdag 13 juli 2012 03:52:51 UTC+2 schreef Vincent Vande Vyvre het volgende:
> On 12/07/12 08:42, Jean Dubois wrote:
> &gt; On 12 jul, 02:59, Vincent Vande Vyvre &lt;vincent.vandevy...@swing.be&gt;
> &gt; wrote:
> &gt;&gt; On 11/07/12 17:37, Jean Dubois wrote:
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt; I'm trying to combine python-code made with QT4 designer with plain
> &gt;&gt;&gt; python statements like
> &gt;&gt;&gt; file = open(&quot;test&quot;,&quot;w&quot;)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Can anyone tell me what I have to add to the following code just to
> &gt;&gt;&gt; open a file when clicking on the load-button and closing it by
> &gt;&gt;&gt; clicking on the save button.
> &gt;&gt;&gt; #!/usr/bin/env python
> &gt;&gt;&gt; # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
> &gt;&gt;&gt; # Form implementation generated from reading ui file 'test.ui'
> &gt;&gt;&gt; #
> &gt;&gt;&gt; # Created: Wed Jul 11 17:21:35 2012
> &gt;&gt;&gt; # by: PyQt4 UI code generator 4.8.3
> &gt;&gt;&gt; #
> &gt;&gt;&gt; # WARNING! All changes made in this file will be lost!
> &gt;&gt;&gt; from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui
> &gt;&gt;&gt; try:
> &gt;&gt;&gt; _fromUtf8 = QtCore.QString.fromUtf8
> &gt;&gt;&gt; except AttributeError:
> &gt;&gt;&gt; _fromUtf8 = lambda s: s
> &gt;&gt;&gt; class Ui_Form(object):
> &gt;&gt;&gt; def setupUi(self, Form):
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Form.setObjectName(_fromUtf8(&quot;Form&quot;))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Form.resize(400, 300)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.widget = QtGui.QWidget(Form)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.widget.setGeometry(QtCore.QRect(10, 20, 146, 25))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.widget.setObjectName(_fromUtf8(&quot;widget&q uot;))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.horizontalLayout = QtGui.QHBoxLayout(self.widget)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.horizontalLayout.setMargin(0)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.horizontalLayout.setObjectName(_fromUtf8(&quo t;horizontalLayout&quot;))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.pushButton_2 = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.pushButton_2.setObjectName(_fromUtf8(&quot;pu shButton_2&quot;))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton_2)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.pushButton = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.pushButton.setObjectName(_fromUtf8(&quot;push Button&quot;))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.retranslateUi(Form)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; QtCore.QMetaObject.connectSlotsByName(Form)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; def retranslateUi(self, Form):
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Form.setWindowTitle(QtGui.QApplication.translate(& quot;Form&quot;,
> &gt;&gt;&gt; &quot;Form&quot;, None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.pushButton_2.setText(QtGui.QApplication.trans late(&quot;Form&quot;,
> &gt;&gt;&gt; &quot;Save file&quot;, None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.pushButton.setText(QtGui.QApplication.transla te(&quot;Form&quot;,
> &gt;&gt;&gt; &quot;Load file&quot;, None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; if __name__ == &quot;__main__&quot;:
> &gt;&gt;&gt; import sys
> &gt;&gt;&gt; app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Form = QtGui.QWidget()
> &gt;&gt;&gt; ui = Ui_Form()
> &gt;&gt;&gt; ui.setupUi(Form)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Form.show()
> &gt;&gt;&gt; sys.exit(app.exec_())
> &gt;&gt;&gt; thanks in advance
> &gt;&gt;&gt; jean
> &gt;&gt; Connect the signal clicked of your's buttons to your's functions.
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt; self.pushButton.clicked.connect(self.my_func)
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt; Here's all the truth:
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt; http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/...tml/new_style_...
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt; --
> &gt;&gt; Vincent V.V.
> &gt;&gt; Oqapy &lt;https://launchpad.net/oqapy&gt; . Qarte+7
> &gt;&gt; &lt;https://launchpad.net/qarte+7&gt; . PaQager &lt;https://launchpad.net/paqager&gt;
> &gt; thanks for the reference, could you just supply a small example for
> &gt; the code above to get me started?
> &gt;
> &gt; thanks in advance
> &gt; jean
> Just add the connection at the end of the Ui_Form class and, of course,
> your function.
>
> You can find numbers of examples in your PyQt4 install folder.
> On my machine is located at /usr/share/doc/python-qt4-doc/examples
>
> And, for more inspiration, have a look at this site:
> http://diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/
>
> --
> Vincent V.V.
> Oqapy &lt;https://launchpad.net/oqapy&gt; . Qarte
> &lt;https://launchpad.net/qarte&gt; . PaQager &lt;https://launchpad.net/paqager&gt;


Thanks for the extra docu references

regards,

jean

Jean Dubois 07-13-2012 09:12 PM

Re: Python and Qt4 Designer
 
Op vrijdag 13 juli 2012 03:52:51 UTC+2 schreef Vincent Vande Vyvre het volgende:
> On 12/07/12 08:42, Jean Dubois wrote:
> &gt; On 12 jul, 02:59, Vincent Vande Vyvre &lt;vincent.vandevy...@swing.be&gt;
> &gt; wrote:
> &gt;&gt; On 11/07/12 17:37, Jean Dubois wrote:
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt; I'm trying to combine python-code made with QT4 designer with plain
> &gt;&gt;&gt; python statements like
> &gt;&gt;&gt; file = open(&quot;test&quot;,&quot;w&quot;)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Can anyone tell me what I have to add to the following code just to
> &gt;&gt;&gt; open a file when clicking on the load-button and closing it by
> &gt;&gt;&gt; clicking on the save button.
> &gt;&gt;&gt; #!/usr/bin/env python
> &gt;&gt;&gt; # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
> &gt;&gt;&gt; # Form implementation generated from reading ui file 'test.ui'
> &gt;&gt;&gt; #
> &gt;&gt;&gt; # Created: Wed Jul 11 17:21:35 2012
> &gt;&gt;&gt; # by: PyQt4 UI code generator 4.8.3
> &gt;&gt;&gt; #
> &gt;&gt;&gt; # WARNING! All changes made in this file will be lost!
> &gt;&gt;&gt; from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui
> &gt;&gt;&gt; try:
> &gt;&gt;&gt; _fromUtf8 = QtCore.QString.fromUtf8
> &gt;&gt;&gt; except AttributeError:
> &gt;&gt;&gt; _fromUtf8 = lambda s: s
> &gt;&gt;&gt; class Ui_Form(object):
> &gt;&gt;&gt; def setupUi(self, Form):
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Form.setObjectName(_fromUtf8(&quot;Form&quot;))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Form.resize(400, 300)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.widget = QtGui.QWidget(Form)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.widget.setGeometry(QtCore.QRect(10, 20, 146, 25))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.widget.setObjectName(_fromUtf8(&quot;widget&q uot;))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.horizontalLayout = QtGui.QHBoxLayout(self.widget)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.horizontalLayout.setMargin(0)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.horizontalLayout.setObjectName(_fromUtf8(&quo t;horizontalLayout&quot;))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.pushButton_2 = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.pushButton_2.setObjectName(_fromUtf8(&quot;pu shButton_2&quot;))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton_2)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.pushButton = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.pushButton.setObjectName(_fromUtf8(&quot;push Button&quot;))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.retranslateUi(Form)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; QtCore.QMetaObject.connectSlotsByName(Form)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; def retranslateUi(self, Form):
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Form.setWindowTitle(QtGui.QApplication.translate(& quot;Form&quot;,
> &gt;&gt;&gt; &quot;Form&quot;, None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.pushButton_2.setText(QtGui.QApplication.trans late(&quot;Form&quot;,
> &gt;&gt;&gt; &quot;Save file&quot;, None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; self.pushButton.setText(QtGui.QApplication.transla te(&quot;Form&quot;,
> &gt;&gt;&gt; &quot;Load file&quot;, None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
> &gt;&gt;&gt; if __name__ == &quot;__main__&quot;:
> &gt;&gt;&gt; import sys
> &gt;&gt;&gt; app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Form = QtGui.QWidget()
> &gt;&gt;&gt; ui = Ui_Form()
> &gt;&gt;&gt; ui.setupUi(Form)
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Form.show()
> &gt;&gt;&gt; sys.exit(app.exec_())
> &gt;&gt;&gt; thanks in advance
> &gt;&gt;&gt; jean
> &gt;&gt; Connect the signal clicked of your's buttons to your's functions.
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt; self.pushButton.clicked.connect(self.my_func)
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt; Here's all the truth:
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt; http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/...tml/new_style_...
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt; --
> &gt;&gt; Vincent V.V.
> &gt;&gt; Oqapy &lt;https://launchpad.net/oqapy&gt; . Qarte+7
> &gt;&gt; &lt;https://launchpad.net/qarte+7&gt; . PaQager &lt;https://launchpad.net/paqager&gt;
> &gt; thanks for the reference, could you just supply a small example for
> &gt; the code above to get me started?
> &gt;
> &gt; thanks in advance
> &gt; jean
> Just add the connection at the end of the Ui_Form class and, of course,
> your function.
>
> You can find numbers of examples in your PyQt4 install folder.
> On my machine is located at /usr/share/doc/python-qt4-doc/examples
>
> And, for more inspiration, have a look at this site:
> http://diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/
>
> --
> Vincent V.V.
> Oqapy &lt;https://launchpad.net/oqapy&gt; . Qarte
> &lt;https://launchpad.net/qarte&gt; . PaQager &lt;https://launchpad.net/paqager&gt;


Thanks for the extra docu references

regards,

jean

Michael Torrie 07-14-2012 02:45 PM

Re: Python and Qt4 Designer
 
On 07/13/2012 03:12 PM, Jean Dubois wrote:
> Thanks for the extra docu references


In this day and age, I think compiling ui files to code is probably on
the way out. Instead you should consider using the ui files directly in
your code. This has the advantage of letting you change the gui
somewhat without having to recompile all the time.

Here is are some links that gives one way of loading and parsing the ui
file directly:

http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pi...il/015902.html
http://bitesofcode.blogspot.ca/2011/...echniques.html



rusi 07-14-2012 05:13 PM

Re: Python and Qt4 Designer
 
On Jul 14, 7:45*pm, Michael Torrie <torr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/13/2012 03:12 PM, Jean Dubois wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the extra docu references

>
> In this day and age, I think compiling ui files to code is probably on
> the way out. *Instead you should consider using the ui files directly in
> your code. *This has the advantage of letting you change the gui
> somewhat without having to recompile all the time.
>
> Here is are some links that gives one way of loading and parsing the ui
> file directly:
>
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pi...ading-techniqu...


I looked at the second link and find code like this:

app = None
if ( not app ):
app = QtGui.QApplication([])

Maybe I'm dense but whats that if doing there?

Frankly I seem to be a bit jinxed with gui stuff. A few days ago
someone was singing the praises of some new themed tk stuff. I could
not get the first two lines -- the imports -- to work and then gave up

Michael Torrie 07-15-2012 05:31 AM

Re: Python and Qt4 Designer
 
On 07/14/2012 11:13 AM, rusi wrote:
> I looked at the second link and find code like this:
>
> app = None if ( not app ): app = QtGui.QApplication([])
>
> Maybe I'm dense but whats that if doing there?
>
> Frankly I seem to be a bit jinxed with gui stuff. A few days ago
> someone was singing the praises of some new themed tk stuff. I could
> not get the first two lines -- the imports -- to work and then gave
> up


Since you haven't had any experience with gui development then probably
loading ui files isn't the right place to start. First principles
(creating gui widgets from scratch) would be it.

In any case, the line in question is quite simple. It creates a
QApplication object, which is basically the engine that drives all Qt
applications. Once you call .run() on it, it takes over and handles all
the mouse events and such for you. In fact you do not have any control
over the program's execution from this point on, other than to define
event call-back methods or functions that are called by the widgets when
things happen, like mouse clicks.

All gui toolkits operate this way. You set up the widgets, then you run
the main engine or main event loop and control never returns to your
main program until something triggers the end (like closing a window or
the quit menu item is pressed).

Probably a complete working example is what you need to see, that is
documented. I primarily work with Gtk, but I'll whip up a Qt one
tomorrow if I can.

Vincent Vande Vyvre 07-15-2012 07:58 AM

Re: Python and Qt4 Designer
 
On 15/07/12 07:31, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 07/14/2012 11:13 AM, rusi wrote:
>> I looked at the second link and find code like this:
>>
>> app = None if ( not app ): app = QtGui.QApplication([])
>>
>> Maybe I'm dense but whats that if doing there?
>>
>> Frankly I seem to be a bit jinxed with gui stuff. A few days ago
>> someone was singing the praises of some new themed tk stuff. I could
>> not get the first two lines -- the imports -- to work and then gave
>> up

> Since you haven't had any experience with gui development then probably
> loading ui files isn't the right place to start. First principles
> (creating gui widgets from scratch) would be it.
>
> In any case, the line in question is quite simple. It creates a
> QApplication object, which is basically the engine that drives all Qt
> applications. Once you call .run() on it, it takes over and handles all
> the mouse events and such for you. In fact you do not have any control
> over the program's execution from this point on, other than to define
> event call-back methods or functions that are called by the widgets when
> things happen, like mouse clicks.
>
> All gui toolkits operate this way. You set up the widgets, then you run
> the main engine or main event loop and control never returns to your
> main program until something triggers the end (like closing a window or
> the quit menu item is pressed).
>
> Probably a complete working example is what you need to see, that is
> documented. I primarily work with Gtk, but I'll whip up a Qt one
> tomorrow if I can.

Rusi is not the op, and his question is about these lines

app = None
if ( not app ):

not this one

app = QtGui.QApplication([])

which should be written like this

app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)



--
Vincent V.V.
Oqapy <https://launchpad.net/oqapy> . Qarte
<https://launchpad.net/qarte> . PaQager <https://launchpad.net/paqager>



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.