Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: JAR file association on Windows 7 broken (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t947700-re-jar-file-association-on-windows-7-broken.html)

jayadeep66@gmail.com 07-01-2012 04:13 AM

Re: JAR file association on Windows 7 broken

hi just copy that jar files and paste it on java home/lib folder.and i think u r problem can be resolved.

Lew 07-01-2012 04:53 AM

On 06/30/2012 09:13 PM, jayadeep66@gmail.com wrote:
> hi just copy that jar files and paste it on java home/lib folder.and i think u r problem can be resolved.

That doesn't sound like the right approach.

You normally don't want to put anything into Java's own lib/ folders.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Roedy Green 07-01-2012 02:41 PM

Re: JAR file association on Windows 7 broken

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 21:53:50 -0700, Lew <noone@lewscanon.com> wrote,

>That doesn't sound like the right approach.
>
>You normally don't want to put anything into Java's own lib/ folders.

putting the jar in the ext dir would effectively put the jar on the
classpath, I it would not do anything to make

xxx.jar

on the command line execute the jar. Windows still would not know
jars are executable or what executable can process them.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jar.html#ASSOCIATION

For how to set up the association.

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products